Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Debs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Didnt bring a date here either. Just gave away the ticket in the end to mate who hadnt a ticket but was probably going to sneak in. It was good craic anyways. Band was class, DJ not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Boy brings corsage and box of chocolates/flowers to girl's house. His tie/bow tie/cravat should match her dress. They go off in the limo/bus or whatever after lots of photos.

Isn't it chocalates for the girl and flowers for her mother? And then you have to buy like another present for the girl?

Tie/cravat matching the dress is essential but silver cravat and a black dress goes pretty well too...

I'm not a sissy btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I thought it was chocolates for the mom and flowers for the girl(?)

And another present for the girl??

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I thought it was chocolates for the mom and flowers for the girl(?)

And another present for the girl??

Think its the other way round. Makes more sense as the corsage is the "flower" for the girl.

As for other present, yeah, like cds/dvds or something. Its more of a new trend. The others are more traditional and the corsage is just an imitation of the American "Prom"

All this buying stuff....

Think I'll pass on the extra present(who buys CDs/DVDs anyway?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

Cool, i didnt know we got given so much stuff.just thought that girls got given their corsage.......

JC 2K3 wrote:
    All this buying stuff....

Think I'll pass on the extra present(who buys CDs/DVDs anyway?)

People who only have dial-up, like my gf.

Peasants....

I suppose it is Carlow though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah well.The date wants it......so I was basically forced to get it.But shes paying €40 for it, cause theres no way i'm paying the full €100 for both of us!I need to save money dammit.

Charming:D

The dial up is up in Dublin. Not Carlow. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Would it really be that bad if the guy didn't but a corsage or whatever it is for the girl...this is the first I've heard of it!!

I don't think who I'm (hopefully) taking will really care tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mise19

mine's in a week!
    looking forward to it :)
    got my dress in house of fraser, it's lovely. got shoes in pamela scott
    :D
    my tickets were €100
    too expensive lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

mines on wednesday cant wait. Have everyting sorted out.
    My tickets were really cheap compared to most of yers only 45 each.
    Only thing im dreading is we have to go to our school first and be "presented" basically walking up the lenght of the school hall on a red carpet and onto the stage. knowing me il end up on my ass before i reach the stage:o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We had ours on July 17th!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Had my debs yesterday..was really nervous on the lead up to it!!
    It was the best night ever...I wish I could do it all again..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

gah, im screwed for my debs! no dress (or shoes or anythin else that has to match the dress) and no date cos i broke up with my boyfriend like a week ago! ah feck it... i have til october to rope some poor unfortunate into it...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Mine isn't until August,but I'm really looking forward to it.Going to London on holidays,so hopefully I'll get a dress there and I already have a date:D.Sounds like I got ripped off on the tickets front!150 euro!Although that does cover everything and it's for two,so maybe that lessens the blow.I'll be damned if I'm getting a limo.Too expensive and not worth it.Plus,I can't imagine a limo negociating the bogger roads to my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My tickets were 160, (80 each), but it includes a bus there and back etc., so getting a limo is, imo a waste of money. Some people like them, though...
    Keep forgetting about this though. Need to buy a dress. Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I haven't got my dress, date or shoes.....I'm screwed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

thatone! wrote: »
    I haven't got my dress, date or shoes.....I'm screwed!
    Replace dress with tux and you have me too. heh...:o

I thought I was screwed too, but friends have convinced me not to worry about it, especially since there is still a good few from our year who still havent found anyone. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a dress (got it in April ;)) but my mam has decided we "can do better" so that could change. I've no date and no idea who I'm gonna bring!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Getting a nice new suit. Don't like them tuxedos. Went to a debs of a eh..friend a while back, wore a nice suit. Good times were had by all, shame the music is ****e.

Debzzz is a good night out really. Mines not until Sept. plenty of time to think about it. It's different for us lads, still a big-ish night but I know plenty of young ladies in 'OMG'overdrive already over the thing.

Twee, is that palmerstown as in 'paaaarmo'? Cause if so I live there too. Its great.

PrivateEye wrote: »

Twee, is that palmerstown as in 'paaaarmo'? Cause if so I live there too. Its great.

P-Town Masssssive :pac:

My deb isn't until October!

Mine is in 11 days!

Ive my lovely lovely dress.. got it in monsoon, a date.. My friend is a beauty therapist.. shes doing all my makeup and taaaaaaaaan. Wooo. Excited. Cept.. No place to stay.. gonna be hilarious.. when they kick us out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Mines on the 26th of august cant wait!! cant find the right shoes though its recking my head!!:( Have my dress and im delighted with it!!:D im pretty worried about gettin my tan done though dont want it 2 look ott and with the hair and make up eughh id rather just do it myself!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bug!!!

wat do u wear a tux or suit?? wats de difference

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

A tux has a dicky bow and a suit has a tie.I think that's the only difference..

Got me a gorgeous gúna in London on Wednesday!It was £149 which isn't bad considering you'd be paying around €250 for the same thing here.Haven't a notion how I'm going to wear my hair.It's a bit short,and I'm between two minds about growing it out or getting it cut again.Decisions decisions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Bug!!! wrote: »
    wat do u wear a tux or suit?? wats de difference

Don't like the idea of renting a tux, think they're borrrring and girls actually make a bit of effort at their Debs, you normally just see a few hundred lads in matching Tux's like they're at the Rose of Tralee or something and are supposed to be wallpaper.

Getting a nice suit. Reason being I'll OWN it then after, and suits look a little slicker anyways me thinks.

It's all "in my opinion" stuff of course, but personally it's always the suit.

• Advertisement

PrivateEye wrote: »

Getting a nice suit. Reason being I'll OWN it then after, and suits look a little slicker anyways me thinks.

It's all "in my opinion" stuff of course, but personally it's always the suit.

Great idea, you'll look a lot better than the rest of them! Find out what colour your date is wearing and maybe go for a suit that isn't black.

Advertisement