Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson P1i out soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Only €600 ! Ah sure thats nothing for a phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

*cough* N95 - *cough* much better, sorry, have something in my throat here.

SE are behind Nokia right now. The only phone that'll bring SE back upto the game will be the New k850i http://mobilementalism.com/2007/03/14/leaked-pictures-of-sony-ericsson-k850i-cybershot-phone/ and even then it'll be a focused camera phone as opposed to the jack-of-all-trades N95. plus, the SE P1i is the epitomy of uncool. I hope SE get their act together asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The camera and features are certainly lacking on the P1, though it does have a QWERTY keyboard over the N95. But apart from that, there is no comparison.

Been using Sony Ericsson phones for years now, and the P1 has all the features that I want so it will keep me happy. I think it looks cooler than the n95, but thats just my 2 cents. Ive seen on another website, i think it was mobile review, that it has a DivX player.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

also, SE's build quality has been far exceeding nokia in recent times. I'd take a p1 over an n95 anyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Cant wait to get a P1i.Please keep this thread updated as to where to get the cheapest p1i

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

komplett have it for 500 i think,

price reflects that it isnt bleeding edge( more of a compact k800i/p990i mixture) but it looks good and has all the features i would want

i have avoided the n95, i hate sliders and the gps is inferior to the sirf 3 bluetooth one i have, added to that the 5mp camera isnt better than the se 3.2 one i cant see where this massive difference in spec is?

i for one will be getting the p1i and im a nokia fan

€489 on Komplett. It might be worth waiting till the end of August to pick it up. Expansys might discount it a lot seeing as komplett are selling it for much less than them. Can't wait to get my hands on it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That has to be the ugliest mutt of a phone I have seen i a long time.

I loved my old P800, and had considered the p990i, but read too many bad things about the latter.

Lets hope the P1i doesn't have too many problems.

tom dunne wrote:
    That has to be the ugliest mutt of a phone I have seen i a long time.

QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree with you more, it looks great. Packed full of features and very small.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Tree wrote:
    also, SE's build quality has been far exceeding nokia in recent times. I'd take a p1 over an n95 anyday.

I agreee , Got an N95 and could not wait to get rid of it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

sharkman wrote:
    I agreee , Got an N95 and could not wait to get rid of it .
    Sharkman i would agree with you.I really hated the n95.I liked it for 1st week as it was an exciting phone but after that i got fed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

yup, was thinking of the n95 when it was released on o2 but after seeing it and using it in the flesh...id keep my p990i any day!the quality is shocking for a device of that cost and caliber,sliders that have play in them(up to 2mm),ive seen better on cheaper samsungs!

tbh im torn between a htc kaiser or the p1i,im a wm fan aswell as a pseries f an.

hopefully o2 will have an xda model of the kaiser!

but i couldnt get over the size of the p1i...is actually very small with a fair old punch plus the fact it has savage camera(a la k800i).

but when using the p990i ive noticed the catalogue of apps aint great...that will change cos the os is still new and the fact there aint many uiq3 devices around but motorola have entered the scene and will be announcing 9 new uiq3 devices!

I'm also amazed at the size of it. Its practically the same size as my M600i and has so much more, radio, wifi and a class camera. They have improved the keyboard too.
    The bottom row of keys on the m600 can be a pain, especially when using the shift button-they are very small. They've made all the keys the same size on the P1. Class act of a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

damo86 wrote:

hopefully o2 will have an xda model of the kaiser!

tmobile germany look to be doing the kaiser as the mda vario III (as well as at&t in us) so you never know o2 might get it some time this year.

having said that o2 ireland didn't do the kaiser's predecessor here the trion/htc tytn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Yes the Kaiser looks nice, but I wouldn't hold your breath guys, most Irish networks release about nine months after the phones are introduced (so that they can clear their own stock and get good deal on new stock). So it will be this time next year IF they bring it out. but HTC are bringing out a VGA version of the Artemis in the Autumn (the Polaris)

http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/2007/June/22_eng.shtml#14509

And this might be a good fit to replace both the Orbit AND the Exec (which is an embarassment at this stage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

GUIGuy wrote:
    Yes the Kaiser looks nice, but I wouldn't hold your breath guys, most Irish networks release about nine months after the phones are introduced (so that they can clear their own stock and get good deal on new stock). So it will be this time next year IF they bring it out. but HTC are bringing out a VGA version of the Artemis in the Autumn (the Polaris)

http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/2007/June/22_eng.shtml#14509

And this might be a good fit to replace both the Orbit AND the Exec (which is an embarassment at this stage).

nice find.
    I dunno how I missed that roadmap tbh.
    never even heard of these devices until now.

they look top-notch specs-wise. htc's names for their devices though just get stranger and stranger-helen and iris anyone. lol.

that polaris looks very nice. it says 3.5' screen which I wouldn't mind but it would then have to be the size of the exec judging from the picture. hmmm. other than that it's packed with features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

actually o2 HAVE been pretty good of late with releasing new phones,the orbit was launched within a couple of months,the bb8800,bb8300 was released straight away and they were the 1st to release the n95 in ireland!

i believe the xda trion wasnt released here because it failed testing with screen alignment problems..eventhough its fixed now!

want the kaiser cos it has a keyboard and 'that' tilting screen...yum!

@tom dunne

i thought it was ugly at first but i think it stunning now...bit of finger print magnet though!but i do love se's use of metals...so classy.

pity it doesnt have a camera cover.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Has anyone got one yet ??

I see Expansys have stock @ €564.95 , thinking about getting one (though I'm looking at a Tosh 900 , on FS Mobiles also) .

Any thoughts on which one ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you can get them for 450 on ebay from germany :) i may get one soon but my e61i is working out fine at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement