Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs remind you off who?

Options
  • 22-07-2007 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Is there any song out there that reminds you of some person in particular?
    If so, who and why?

Weird story now that I meantion it, about a month ago I got out of work, and put on my Ipod, on shuffle, the first song that comes on is 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd. nothing weird there, then the next song that comes on is 'Wish You Were Here' by Incubus. oh wow thats weird. (this song in particular reminds me of a certain person, a person i know from my own home town i know but barely talk to) then as im coming up to tara street station i see a poster of a post card that simple says " I Wish I was there, {MY NAME HERE]" so wow... thats kinda... weird, but again i forget it really quickley, so i go to the platform of tara, and im there for a while, then walk up to the benches and i see the person who the song reminds me off,While its still playing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah I love it when that happens. There are certain songs and albums that bring back fond memories of people and places and certain moments when I hear them. There are a few songs that spring to mind right off. American Pie reminds me of a perfect night some years ago that brings back some great memories of people I haven't seen in a long time, I have know idea why though.

I remember one time about a year or two back I just got out of college and was walking over O'Connel bridge listening to my mp3player. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky and everyone was in a great mood, people just seemed happy. The song I was listening to was 'This is the Time' and the chorus goes like this:

"But this is the time and this is the place
    And these are the signs that we must embrace
    The moment is now, in all history
    The time has arrived and this is the one place to be"

It was the perfect song for right then and there and that song always makes me feel good and reminds me of that.

There are plenty of other songs that remind me of certain people but I shan't go into them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

sounds pretty cool DT. who sings that song 'This is the Time'?

Anything by Oasis reminds me of my sister, we barely knew eachother and the only thing i did know about her was that at a time they were her favourite band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I dont connect songs to people; Rather, I connect artists to people:

Celine Dion: First girlfriend
    Jann Arden: Friend Christine
    Bon Jovi: Friend Jennifer
    Shakira: Ex-girlfriend Louise
    Courtney Love: Friend Jodie
    Corrs & U2: Friend Renato
    Elton John: ... ...a girl that got away; Marie (:()
    Laura Paussini: Friend Veronica-Cristina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Goat Mouth wrote:
    sounds pretty cool DT. who sings that song 'This is the Time'?

Anything by Oasis reminds me of my sister, we barely knew eachother and the only thing i did know about her was that at a time they were her favourite band.

It's by a band called Savatage, after I wrote that I had to listen to it a few times :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

God, it's a lot of songs reminding me of very few girls...
    Here's the thing, we started out friends...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Hmm... lots of songs remind me of loads of different events and people in my life, but i'll be boring and go with 'first love' = "Miss America" by Blur.

No, she was Irish...

Homer Simpson = "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

love in an elevator reminds me of yore ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Kevster wrote:

You jammy motherfuc......:D :D

When I was 17, broke from the bird and before I realised me and the ex really didnt have that much in common bar my attraction to her in fairness absoloutely stunning looks and the fact she would have you crying laughing at various sh1t (all good, but music and film wise? On reflection I was drunk on horn-ness, when I look at her bebo its obvious we are quite different), Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison reminded me of her (because of...eh....her eyes obviously :D)

Love, pfft, havent felt it in 3 years and I aint plannin to for at least another 7 :D M.O.B mah niggaz.......

tbh rather than musicians, I find Ive got more mates who resemble film characters. They include carbon copies of Tommy from Goodfellas (minus the murders, of course), Begbie from Trainspotting (mate is an occasionally a very violent, full time alcoholic who refuses to even toke a joint :D ) and Danny Dyers character from Human Trafic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

me wrote:

shane86 wrote:
    You jammy motherfuc......:D :D

... ...it was our first date and we were in her room messing about. Then, she suddenly put on her Shakira CD and started dancing in front of me :rolleyes:

Advertisement