Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cut reset alarm codes

Options
  • 22-07-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

We had the ESB doing maintenance outside so they kindly informed us they'd be cutting the power out on sat morning, which was very nice of them.
    However, when the power came back on, it seems that the codes for the alarm have been reset - and the alarm is in the 'set' state, so I am unable to turn it off. I tried some obvious defaults - 1234. 0000. 1111. 9999, but still it remains on. I presumethat the battery (original, I suppose about 10 years old at this stage) was not able to retain the codes in the alarm for the couple of hours it was without power and it has gone into a factory default mode.
    The alarm is an Aritech CP32, so if anyone could let me know how to re-program the codes it'd be great. at the moment I have the fuse out of it.
    Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

You'll probable need the maintenance engineering code to change the code! Contact the distributer or manufacture!
    Its not the type of code you want to give out over the net as anyone could get it and use it for more malicious reasons!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The code is 01122
    To reset your code after you disarm it enter 1122 when the buzzer starts press *# new code *

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I found the user manual online, and the default codes is 01122. Then you can set your desired code. I don't know how to change the exit and entry times though, so if anyone could tell me these, specifically, i'd be extremely grateful.

In case anyone is looking for the user manual for the aritech cp32 it's here
    http://www.jpalarms.co.uk/Docs/aritech%20cp32%2033%20user.pdf
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Thanks koolkid, I had just found the user manual. any help with the exit and entry times?
    K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dinefwr

ukpanels.com have the engineers manual aswell
    http://ukpanels.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I think the engineering code is 01278

Advertisement