Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

law society legal diplomas

• 22-07-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

does anyone have any info on the legal diplomas that the law society run - for example would they be useful in helping securing a training contract?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr.twist

yea i am starting the diploma in trust and estate planning in september. Was not sure if I should do this or an LLM but after talking to a few solicitors - they pretty much all agreed that the practical approch of the diplomas and geeting some work experience in between would be far more useful in securing a training contract.

well thats a few peoples views anyway- also some of the diplomas are not open to non-solicitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Which dimplomas are not open to non solicitors, I glanced at the application form for the courses what's the €2100 fee at the bottom for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackelle

thanks mr. twist, I think that's the road I'm going to go down, even though it's 2k, if it helps me get a decent traineeship then it will be worth it. I was interested in the trust and planning one but September 15 is a no go for me as I'm sitting the 2nd set of my FE1s 24th September - 5 October.

GDM - if you click onto the diplomas you'll see what's open to you. For example I was interested in the commercial litigation but that's only available for people practicing while for the family law one you have to submit a CV and there is a preference for practicing solicitors while some of them are open to anyone.

Advertisement