Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank internet banking

Options
  • 22-07-2007 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Anyone here use it? More specifically, is it possible to transfer money to a foreign account by direct debit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe so, but I stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

BuffyBot wrote:
    I don't believe so, but I stand to be corrected.
    I'll let you know soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I use it and I dont think so..

Their internet banking is crap tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi, its a good service and all irish banks have the same kind of internet service and defo no about transfering money abroad. Must use branch for that.

Just cos all our banks have the same rubbish online banking, does not make them good :)

I do remember someone saying here you could do foreign transfers on AIB's online banking..

To setup any payment on Ulster bank you have to ring their telephone service and mess about for 20 minutes, which is criminal tbh

• Advertisement

Just cos all our banks have the same rubbish online banking, does not make them good :)

I do remember someone saying here you could do foreign transfers on AIB's online banking..

To setup any payment on Ulster bank you have to ring their telephone service and mess about for 20 minutes, which is criminal tbh

very true, i am on aib/ub and boi, All abit iffy at times. But u can set up to pay almost any bill on ub without calling someone. and I think you can do the same with standard bank accounts. Still think f/x transfers can not be done via online with any bank due to proceedures....

Still think f/x transfers can not be done via online with any bank due to proceedures....
    I banked with Barclays in the UK, and I could transfer to my irish account online from there. I was in my bank branch a single time, to open the account, and after that it was all online [savings accounts, overdrafts, loans etc etc - all done online]

The irish banks are getting there, to give them credit, - but like everything here its taking a short while for it to get to us, thats all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i m not with aib but work for them and you can transfer money to any where online.

very true, i am on aib/ub and boi, All abit iffy at times. But u can set up to pay almost any bill on ub without calling someone. and I think you can do the same with standard bank accounts. Still think f/x transfers can not be done via online with any bank due to proceedures....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi Guys,
    Currently moving from Ulster to halifax. Ulster online has been useful, but just setting up payments is a pain - you have to ring them, even though the online demo shows you "how easy it is to set up". Their customer services guys can'r explain why.
    I recently wanted to transfer money to a dutch bank - had iban and branch code and all the rest - tried online - no good, rang them, told to ring anytime online banking, and they in turn told me to go to my branch - where i had to fill in a form - online banking my a***!
    They then told me they were closing my dual account and posted me a form to apply for a current account, so I'm waiting for my Dual account interest in October - even if it is onlu 0.0000000001% and then its halifax here I come!

bravo wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Currently moving from Ulster to halifax. Ulster online has been useful, but just setting up payments is a pain - you have to ring them, even though the online demo shows you "how easy it is to set up". Their customer services guys can'r explain why.
    I recently wanted to transfer money to a dutch bank - had iban and branch code and all the rest - tried online - no good, rang them, told to ring anytime online banking, and they in turn told me to go to my branch - where i had to fill in a form - online banking my a***!
    They then told me they were closing my dual account and posted me a form to apply for a current account, so I'm waiting for my Dual account interest in October - even if it is onlu 0.0000000001% and then its halifax here I come!

Annoying! I had to: get my branch to fax me a "add signature" form, which I have signed and posted back to them; apparently in order to transfer money to my account abroad I have to write to them every time. I really hope they accept fax requests.

• Advertisement

Most banks branches will not accept faxed instructions unless they hold a indeminity to accept these instrustions. The can fax you the form but must recieve it back via the post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just checked, you can do it with NIB and AIB. :)

Most banks branches will not accept faxed instructions unless they hold a indeminity to accept these instrustions. The can fax you the form but must recieve it back via the post!!
    Sigh. I look forward to it immensely.

mental07 wrote:
    Sigh. I look forward to it immensely.

Yeah, banks really are like that ad......glass of water....please fill out the water request form!!!!!

Advertisement