Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence renewal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Got my renewals weeks ago. My new rifle licence application got returned after 1 month, needed a letter of parental consent :( Reasonable enough request from the super I suppose (I'm 19 but the rifle will be at my parents home fulltime), wish I had known in advance though. All resubmitted now though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

spideog7 wrote:
    Got my renewals weeks ago. My new rifle licence application got returned after 1 month, needed a letter of parental consent :( Reasonable enough request from the super I suppose (I'm 19 but the rifle will be at my parents home fulltime), wish I had known in advance though. All resubmitted now though :)

It's been pointed out here a few times. Unusual that you weren't asked for this with your first cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

True, I got my hunting licence (Shotgun) 3 years ago when I just turned 16 and they didn't ask for it (as I recall) just a letter saying I was a member of the gun club.
    This application was submitted with a letter from the Gun club also stating that I had taken part in the NARGC firearm safety training course. They seem to have a much more strict attitude towards rifles. Although I was told that my first rifle application shouldn't be a big problem but a subsequent would require a very good reason.
    On the plua side I reckon that if he returned it asking for this letter it means that it shouldn't get returned again, and all going well should go through this time (fingers crosed :D I just shelled out E190 for a scope !!!)

Advertisement