Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated price for tattoo

Options
  • 22-07-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking lately of getting this as a tattoo, at about that size. I haven't quite decided on where I want it done yet, possibly arm. Could someone give me a price range to expect? This would be my first (and probably only!) tattoo so I've no idea what I'd be looking at paying. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

somewhere around 40 - 50 euro I reckon. ( or whatever the particular artist you go to charges as a set minimum price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Even if it takes under an hour (which it should looking at the size of that), anywhere reputable will have a minimum charge of between €60 and €80 depending on where you go. So don't be expecting to pay any less than €60 for a decent tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Would anyone have recommendations of artists good for this kind of thing? I was looking at Mariusz in Snakebite's profile and it looked pretty damn good to me. A friend recommended Justin in Zulu and a quick Google has shown a lot of support for him. Any tips?

Edit: I have no qualms about paying for it just wondering a rough figure. That's still very affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

most of the usual suspects shouldn't have any bother with that particular piece. I personally like plunto in Tattoo Dublin on dorset street (next door to celtic bike shop near the turn off for o'connell street).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Justin would be good for that, yes. I was recently considering him for a large rib piece, but to tell you the truth his attitude put me off :/ However for something as small as what you want something like that may be no problem. The minimum charge in Zulu is €60.

Personally I prefer the guys in Wildcat (Celestial Ring), St. Stephen's Green branch. Jani or Paul would be good for that as well and they're both totally sound. Go and have a word with them all and see what you think yourself, that's always the best way to go about choosing an artist.
    The minimum charge in Celestial Ring is €80.

• Advertisement

Yea, true actually. It's not the most original of tattoos but I've loved the look of it for years. Will be quite reassuring knowing that they've probably done the design a hundred times before. The advice is really helping too. Would rather go in knowing that the artist is reputable.

Updated design: http://file011a.bebo.com/0/large/2007/07/23/01/3644818415a5055026355l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

now, here's your problem... youve wanted this design for years, but in the short time since you first posted this thread, youve already changed your mind on how you want it done...

just, give it some time before you get it permanantly inked on your body just to change your mind in a coupla months time.

True. I could always get the purple added at a later stage though and just do a basic little thing for now?

i couldnt tell you to be honest... id imagine so, but im not an expert on tattoos (yet:P), hehe, i dont know much at all.

I have this now on my right shoulder blade. I love it! Got it done in Snakebite. Was so nervous I couldn't even talk properly walking in but calmed down in the waiting room. When it came time for the actual tattoo I was in shock. It didn't hurt anything like I expected. Mild discomfort really. It was a mixture of little electric shocks and someone scratching the skin. So after the first 2 seconds I was grand. Kept stopping breathing though because I was afraid I'd move if I did and end up with my tattoo all over the place! Very pleased. I got it without the purple because I was afraid that it'd look like bruising and the staff confirmed it would. Can't stop staring in the mirror...

• Advertisement

haha, great to hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Justin would be good for that, yes. I was recently considering him for a large rib piece, but to tell you the truth his attitude put me off :/ However for something as small as what you want something like that may be no problem. The minimum charge in Zulu is €60.

Personally I prefer the guys in Wildcat (Celestial Ring), St. Stephen's Green branch. Jani or Paul would be good for that as well and they're both totally sound. Go and have a word with them all and see what you think yourself, that's always the best way to go about choosing an artist.
    The minimum charge in Celestial Ring is €80.

Paul's blackwork is awesome.

DON'T GO TO ZULU!!!!!

I had a smaller piece that that and it cost me 150e!!!!!!

WTF? And It was stupid little hearts outlined. It took 15mins, I kid you not sir.

Ooops. Late reply. Oh well.

Oh btw it was €85 and took about half an hour.

Advertisement