Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social science?

Options
  • 22-07-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

can anyone give me an outline of wat social science in ucd is like? i was doin arts in ucd (quit it)heard its very similar,the structure and that,can anyone give me their thoughts on the course aswell as wat is the social life like? better then arts i hope!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Social Science is pretty much the same as Arts. If you didnt enjoy arts chances are you wont enjoy social science. I've just finished my degree in social science so when I started the structure will be different to what it is now but when I started you were required to take sociology, social policy and one other subject out of politics, information studies, geography and economics. After first year the rules of arts apply and you have to drop one of the subjects.

I didnt continue with Social Policy but from what I hear and what it was like in first year its a bit more closely knit than the other subjects in arts in that you are a class of your own separate from the arts group as a whole. They had some class parties in first year but not many and only the mature students turned up. I think its similiar to any class grouping in the arts subjects, its still pretty big so you never really lose that huge class feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TellingTim

Are you going to you first year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

my sis is doing her masters in it, and best mate going into her final year in it! they both loved it! i think alot of it depends on what subjects you chose etc... but both have great social lifes! so dont be worrying aout that! :)

Advertisement