Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Templates

Options
  • 22-07-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hey, Does anyone have decent soring hawk templates or pictures in general, i cant seem to locate any!! :(

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Try Google images.
    http://www.google.com/images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If you need a picture of a hawk, don't go to a tattoo resource. Go to a hawk picture resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

while we're on the subject... you know im trying to do my polar bear thing (now ive to wait on my mate to finish the new harry potter which she hasnt started yet before she starts sketching)... would it be possible, if i found the perfect picture of a polar bear in a national georgraphic book, or google images, to show that to the tattooist, and for them to be actually able to put that onto my skin? i still dont entirely understand how exactly this is done.

my only tattoo so far is a very very very basic design, my lil sis can draw it, so im just curious how this works.

Any decent artist should be able to draw you up something from a photograph, yes. It's never going to look exactly as it will in the photo though, whereas if you draw the design yourself they can just make a stencil directly from what you've got so it'll be identical. Only problem I can foresee from using a photograph (and one I've encountered myself) is it's not going to be possible to have the tattoo as detailed and exact as the photo, so you might find yourself slightly disappointed that it's not exactly as you'd imagined it. Just keep that in mind and it should be ok.

sweet as, thanks :)

should be fun.. though still no further on the sketching :rolleyes: i swear, ill be in nz and home again before i get this thing sorted:rolleyes:

though ive taken the idea of using his writing to another level... that of my handwriting on the top, for the bit that's kinda significant to me, and his writing on the bottom one,w hich is significant of him...

• Advertisement

That sounds pretty cool!

yay! im getting all excited about it already! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Any decent artist should be able to draw you up something from a photograph, yes. It's never going to look exactly as it will in the photo though, whereas if you draw the design yourself they can just make a stencil directly from what you've got so it'll be identical. Only problem I can foresee from using a photograph (and one I've encountered myself) is it's not going to be possible to have the tattoo as detailed and exact as the photo, so you might find yourself slightly disappointed that it's not exactly as you'd imagined it. Just keep that in mind and it should be ok.

yeah this is true too. Unless you find yourself an awesome portrait artist to do it for you. That way you could have a really nice detailed piece of work.

nah, i dont especially want a really detailed piece of work. a basic outline and enough detail for it to be obvious what the picture's supposed to be... it's not that i have a love of polar bears, it's that it's just really symbolic for me, and instead of getting a band or song inked on me, the song is called polar bear, so it's kinda stemmed from that...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What ya think about this?
    It would obviously need a touch up here or there, and maybe a bit of an outline to make it stand out more on your skin, but its a suggestion...

• Advertisement

wow!
    that's really close to what i have in my head... i think the polar bear in my head is in more of a 'walking' pose.. but otherwise the colour's really accurate, as is the amount of detail.

i'd probably go with a thing black outline, and maybe a little more blue to outline the shoulder... but that's almost it! thanks!

Not a problem! Feel free to canabalize the picture if its any use to you, or anyone else that fancies giving it a go and using the pic as a base.

sweet as! thanks again, man!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No bodger :)

oh WOW!

i HAVE MY POLAR BEAR!!!

friend's boyfriend drew it for me, it's PERFECT!!!

im so happy and excited right now! ill have to post a pic when i have it uploaded!!

*bounce*

Advertisement