Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unnecessary threat of ban

Options
  • 22-07-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

could you please look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055123739

And explain to me why exactly i was threatened with a ban. I have been on boards for over 2 years and never seen anything like it.
    Is this standard practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

and you honestly think in the context of the discussion this warranted a ban threat?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Basically, yeah. If they've got a nice little buzz going on then why do they want someone stirring up a fight? You can definitely argue your points without resorting to stuff that is likely to inflame other users.

if that is the case how come the other poster wasn't warned? he said plenty that could inflame other users.
    And ecksor, i am not the type to engage in petty squabbling on boards or in real life (i had the pleasure of playing in the fitz with you a few times, you might remember me).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If I saw you, I'm sure I'd remember you alright. I don't always link names and faces, but for some reason I associate your username with that Sunday afternoon shorthanded game.

I didn't read the other poster's posts, I'm just offering an interpretation of the post that seamus linked to. One possible explanation is that your post got reported and the other person's didn't. Either way, I think a mod is justified in warning for that type of comment.

• Advertisement

yeah that sunday game used to be my only consistent winner. I had a ridiculous record in that game.
    Anywho thanks.

Advertisement