Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can o2 stores access customer imei numbers on their computer system?

• 22-07-2007 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

My phone is bolloxed, its billpay, still under warranty and insured. So I took it to the o2 store and was told they can't replace it until I get written proof from o2 of the imei number. I threw out the box with the imei sticker months ago but I have the letter with my account details and sim card number on it which I thought would have been sufficient.

Instead of prolonging this saga by ringing o2 and waiting days for written proof, I am just wondering is it even necessary or just laziness on behalf the o2 store staff? Surely they can ring up O2 to find out the imei number or pull it up on their computer. It was bought on o2.ie btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

When you take the cover off it should be written on a sticker behind or around the battery!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I'm pretty sure they want a letter from o2 with the imei number of the phone they sold me to make sure it matches the phone I am trying to have replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

What you need is a reciept.

Since you bought it from o2.ie you'll need either the packing list or the confirmation email, with the date of purchase and the IMEI.

At the moment the retail stores can only search an IMEI if it was bought in that particular store which you are in; if you have bought it from another O2 retail store they could have got in contact with that store and had a copy of the POP faxed over, but unfortunately they don't ahve any direct link with the online store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A lot of O2 stores are franchises and don't have access to everything.

Advertisement