Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mermaid ($20 + $2 reg) Welcoming Tournament for all Irish players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

start time say's 20.000GMT

Countdown clock looks like it starts at 9pm
    At 15.30pm 5hr 30min left...= 9pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Mr.Plough wrote:
    just to confirm, you can reg for and play this tourny on all or some skins of the cryto network? because im on wireless tonight and it'll take a good while to download the mermaid software.

no, mermaid is on the boss network, and what she was saying was that on this network you can't register 30 seconds before start time like on other networks. Registration closes at least 5 minutes before the start of the tourney, so you need to register as early as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im in, dont think Ill be around to play though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Dammit, I was going to play in this, but I won't be home tonight to play or set-up my account, I hope it fills because it's a very generous offer and you lot would be mad to miss it. I look forward to future similar tournaments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Just realised that this does actually start at 9pm tonight.

My bad, sorry to anyone that will be put out by this.....

I will talk to Anna to see if we can turn it into a complete crapshoot to see that it finishes at a reasonable hour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

carfax wrote:

I will talk to Anna to see if we can turn it into a complete crapshoot to see that it finishes at a reasonable hour :D

Steven send me on flyers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Am a good girl i do as i am told... (NOT) lol

well i was asked to set it 20.00 GMT how would i know you guys(read Stephen ) dont know what time it is in Irleand for the moment....;-) Ireland is GMT +1 h

so it kicks of 21.00 your time (22.00 my time for those who are intrerested to know)

Its only shown in Mermaid network, so download NOW! ;)

I cant kick it of even if i want to at 48.. :-( sorry!

i know for sure we are 43 now, it gotta be 7 more out there who wants a weekend over here http://www.mermaidpoker.com/?page=1116
    i mean.. well.... even i would appreciate and concider to swop sides for number 9 and 14, seriously.

See you around the tables in some hrs!

anna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Folks: If you are at home tonight and playing online please download Mermaid; stick a few quid on; and register for this tourney. I'm providing dead money. The package looks great. The software is very decent. Get the fcuking finger out!!

Im in but if i win i'll have to either keep the dosh or sell the package to someone here because of work if thats ok with Anna dear?.

No problems, we work something out.

All these satellites will be sold out so no worries get ride of your ticket, i personally make sure of that.

anna panna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

So it is 9 pm then, felt stupid there for a while.

Our mailserver is down again, so i cant see if anyone mails me.

If anyone needs help with anyhting, since the tourney is on tonight i post my mobile number for ya....

ship a text.....

+46736567871

anna panna..

Steven send me on flyers

You should have gotten a load of them already Neill, I'll send more on again with the next batch.

Cheers bud.

43 in so far.

Great stuff, I'm feeling fairly confident that we will get the required numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Im in work at the moment, I'll be on when i get back and register! Better not be any prob with me logding money or I wont be registering, no probs with MasterCard no!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

• Advertisement

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Im in work at the moment, I'll be on when i get back and register! Better not be any prob with me logding money or I wont be registering, no probs with MasterCard no!?

Sounds like your money will be good. Looks like we're going to get over 50. Good few players texting me back now saying they didn't know about the tournament.

Don't worry if you don't make it in DM, I'm sure everyone else will be happy enough to play it out without you....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

We are on Greenich Mean Time, so +1 is an hour ahead. i.e 8pm here is 9pm there. In the settings I think you can reset your clock to GMT+1 if it makes life easier, this will indicate the tourney as 9:00pm only.

Just all get in and register

Hey stephen, Conor here, did you send out those posters yet?

*sorry for this being unrelated to thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

bah, i can't upload to moneybookers until tomorrow, is there anyway i can reg for this? i can transfer the 22 on whatever poker site suits, or by moneybookers from tomorrow onwards?

or, can i use frinks card to deposit if he's already used it on his own account?

lol, cant even beliave u ask if you can use someone elses card, especially if its already been used in the system, makes me wonder what sites you all been playing on and what kind of security they got.

But sorry no you cant, if you do both your account will automatically be blocked.

And no we dont have any way to transfer funds between accounts.

anna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

carfax wrote:

nice one, was rushing around trying to get things sorted before i sit down for this - now i have an extra hour spare (i.e. to spend on boards:o )
    [DM] Frink wrote:

hope not! i've the software downloaded n a/c set up; just need to lodge the money before i play - hopefully all will go to plan!!!:)

gg, ul - bb, wp etc etc to all in advance!:D

And i say it again....

Reg close 5 min before....

So i dont want anyone yelling at me aftwerwords wanting to sign up 2 minutes to 21.00....

I cant find it!? Whats it called!?

*EDIT* GOT IT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

50 reg'd delete this thread!!!! ;)

Lol.

Well if all goes accordingly to plans we might run one or two more tourneys before IPO only for you Irish lads...depends on how nice you are to me :D

anna panna

Hey Anna in the tourney lobby it sas its starting in 1hr 13 mins..... is this a mistake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

shoutman wrote:
    Hey Anna in the tourney lobby it sas its starting in 1hr 13 mins..... is this a mistake?

We discussed this. It is actually on at nine.

Cheers Lloyd.

well.. yes.. and its 20.00 GMT and Ireland are GMT + one h.

and yea.. we discussed this.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

52 registered Thunderbirds are go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Tried to register moneybookers to play this but obviously 2 weeks is not long enough for them to make a deposit in to my account! GL all

Right I'm in, now let's see if I can remember how to play these tournament thingies....

BL all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Id Like To Play This But Due To Some Tilt Issues Ive Decided To Leave My Pc And Go To The Acquarium

""these tournament thingies""

lool

Well dear it isnt really that hard just fold fold fold fold fold and every time you get 22 you go all in :D works every time!

anna panna banana

ps.. is it ok to open a new tread to write hands or bad beats ;-) since am going to give you all that and smack you around like flies on a wall! (selfconfident is very important in this game i heard!! ) or is that not ok with the mods...one have to forgive me not knowing am a neewbieeeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Watching this tournie there is one thing noticed.... Irish people like to wait till the last moment to sign up :D Take note carfax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

innsky and ready to get it on like donkey kong!!!

Id Like To Play This But Due To Some Tilt Issues Ive Decided To Leave My Pc And Go To The Acquarium

OMG this sounds like a girlfreind/wifey thing.....or i take the dog and leave.
    Have a nice evening dear. U picked the right one.

C4Queen wrote:
    ps.. is it ok to open a new tread to write hands or bad beats ;-) since am going to give you all that and smack you around like flies on a wall! (selfconfident is very important in this game i heard!! ) or is that not ok with the mods...one have to forgive me not knowing am a neewbieeeee!
    This thread will turn into that anyway once the tournament starts, so I wouldn't bother, better to keep all those posts in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

no, its just common tilt Anna i would say.

best to use this thread for this tourney rather than open another.

i hope your excitement isn't misplaced.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

so I checked deposit methods for webdollar which accepts maestro.
    Registered card to deposit funds but MERMAID POKER DO NOT ACCEPT MAESTRO

bollix...good luck all....im pissed off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

i wish i could be accepted for a visa card...boo hoo sob sob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

eoin-dubh wrote:
    so I checked deposit methods for webdollar which accepts maestro.
    Registered card to deposit funds but MERMAID POKER DO NOT ACCEPT MAESTRO

bollix...good luck all....im pissed off....

I think Anna says earlier in this thread that they dont accept laser.

where's that bounty on your head you promised us anna, now that you're giving it the big speechplay!!!:D :p:D

Wisesmurf wrote:
    I think Anna says earlier in this thread that they dont accept laser.

yea about once or twice.. lool :eek:

Never played on Boss before, so I'm down playing some 5c/10c to get used to the software, but my god, how big are those tables... LOL

Also, how do you look at the previous Hand History??

• Advertisement

where's that bounty on your head you promised us anna, now that you're giving it the big speechplay!!!:D :p:D

sure i will in dublin on 6th october personally hand over that bounty but i wouldnt bother too much if i was any of you, you aint going to take me out.

I can only lose this if i get disconnected.

:)

Ste05 wrote:
    Never played on Boss before, so I'm down playing some 5c/10c to get used to the software, but my god, how big are those tables... LOL

Also, how do you look at the previous Hand History??

OMG your one of thoose,, that care about previous hands!! Oh dear...go to the file called support.... there it is. Never used it.

Is the tables too small,, lol, go to the settings and pick full screen ..;) your up for a treat.

C4Queen wrote:
    sure i will in dublin on 6th october personally hand over that bounty but i wouldnt bother too much if i was any of you, you aint going to take me out.

I can only lose this if i get disconnected.

:)

so you've basically switched all our doomswitches on already and we haven't even played on your site yet?

come on, give a guy a chance!!!:D :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Whats the prize Anna? i will accept a bottle of Chateau Lafite 64 and a kiss on the cheek. And all democratic currencies.

So we will have 62 starters.

Good luck all, I presume the majority of players are boardsies, lets hope one of us take it down and another comes second lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement