Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mermaid ($20 + $2 reg) Welcoming Tournament for all Irish players

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

shoutman wrote:
    were you cqman1?

YEP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Ste05 wrote:
    This should bother you immensely!!!

Well i think you understand my point, of course it bothers me if something tacky going on but one can sit on same IP if being in a poker club or an internet cafe. that situation we had i my club, having a few computers running on same IP.

Maybe i put it badly in the post but i think most get a hang of what i mean.

anna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Just doubled up docfarrell with kq sooted, i raised from sb and he pushed i called, not sure if it was the right move or not, he had about 7k chips at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

AK versus Q9 allin pf flop A77 Q Q 16k pot and for the chip lead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

seen some shamefull all in calls, wisesmurf i will let you post the HH against the donkey call against you with A8, will leave him unamed for now:rolleyes:

lol - he even said it himself, he's in for some stick after that hand!:D

EDIT: did he push, or did he call the AI??
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    15th. Big Papi X would be a waste of a ticket. And I'll say no more.

tbh, i think the above playr is guaranteed a ticket, his luck is in tonight:D

my first game up against a lot of boardies, must say it was thoroughly enjoyable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

C4Queen,

Yeah, but it's quite the issue lately in tournament play over on 2+2, I'll let Lloyd and a few others explain it. Hopefully it is all innocent like Internet cafe's etc. but still something to watch for, especially in a €2k added tournament with ~60 odd players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

seen some shamefull all in calls, wisesmurf i will let you post the HH against the donkey call against you with A8, will leave him unamed for now:rolleyes:

If there were'nt so many boardsies i would have gotten my chat banned!

WiseSmurf post SB 300.00
    Zayd Beautiful Businessman post BB 600.00
    ** Deal **
    Blip07 [N/A, N/A]
    LloydLucky [N/A, N/A]
    WiseSmurf [Jh, Jd]
    Zayd Beautiful Businessman [N/A, N/A]
    AbuIbnAl [N/A, N/A]
    lolscandie [N/A, N/A]
    PLAYER X[N/A, N/A]
    colinking [N/A, N/A]
    noel50 [N/A, N/A]
    jakeybaby [N/A, N/A]
    *** Bet Round 1 ***
    AbuIbnAl Fold
    lolscandie Fold
    PLAYER X All-in 5020.00
    colinking Fold
    noel50 Fold
    jakeybaby Fold
    Blip07 Fold
    LloydLucky Fold
    WiseSmurf Call 5020.00
    *** Flop(Board): *** : [8d, Kh, 3s]
    *** Turn(Board): *** : [8d, Kh, 3s, As]
    *** River(Board): *** : [8d, Kh, 3s, As, 3d]
    *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 10805.00
    Blip07 Fold Win: 0.00
    LloydLucky Fold Win: 0.00
    WiseSmurf [Jh, Jd] Two pair jacks and threes Win: 0.00
    Zayd Beautiful Businessman [2s, 8c] Two pair eights and threes Win: 0.00
    AbuIbnAl Fold Win: 0.00
    lolscandie Fold Win: 0.00
    PLAYER X [Ah, 8h] Two pair aces and eights Win: 10805.00
    colinking Fold Win: 0.00
    noel50 Fold Win: 0.00
    jakeybaby Fold Win: 0.00

Im player x's defence he was grumbling about going home.....that is untill he gets a nice double up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ste05 wrote:
    C4Queen,

Yeah, but it's quite the issue lately in tournament play over on 2+2, I'll let Lloyd and a few others explain it. Hopefully it is all innocent like Internet cafe's etc. but still something to watch for, especially in a €2k added tournament with ~60 odd players.

Multi - accounting is a bigger problem in tournaments than previously imagined. I'm shocked to read that tbh. I hope all of those accounts will be investigated and a package frozen pending a clean bill of health. And I'm not joking.

Anna, get it sorted.

Just knocked out first hand after break 99 vs 10 10 aipf.

Ah well these things happen bummer going out 1 from bubble anyway gl all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Is it not unfair that C4Queen is playing this? And on someone else's account?

• Advertisement

Wisesmurf wrote:

WiseSmurf post SB 300.00
    jackyback post BB 600.00
    ** Deal **
    Blip07 [N/A, N/A]
    LloydLucky [N/A, N/A]
    WiseSmurf [Jh, Jd]
    jackyback [N/A, N/A]
    AbuIbnAl [N/A, N/A]
    lolscandie [N/A, N/A]
    PLAYER X[N/A, N/A]
    colinking [N/A, N/A]
    noel50 [N/A, N/A]
    jakeybaby [N/A, N/A]
    *** Bet Round 1 ***
    AbuIbnAl Fold
    lolscandie Fold
    PLAYER X All-in 5020.00
    colinking Fold
    noel50 Fold
    jakeybaby Fold
    Blip07 Fold
    LloydLucky Fold
    WiseSmurf Call 5020.00
    jackyback [2s, 8c] Two pair eights and threes Win: 0.00

Im player x's defence he was grumbling about going home.....that is untill he gets a nice double up.

What is the problem with this hand exactly? A player with less than 10 BBs finds a suited ace and shoves. Pretty standard - and it can never be a HUGE mistake when there is only two real prizes.

Your donkey comment was way out of order IMO. Eventhough you were unlucky at the same time - but he didn't do anything wrong.

I'd echo those thoughts too Lloyd. And shame on any boardsters caught...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Wisesmurf wrote:

WiseSmurf post SB 300.00
    jackyback post BB 600.00
    ** Deal **
    Blip07 [N/A, N/A]
    LloydLucky [N/A, N/A]
    WiseSmurf [Jh, Jd]
    jackyback [N/A, N/A]
    AbuIbnAl [N/A, N/A]
    lolscandie [N/A, N/A]
    PLAYER X[N/A, N/A]
    colinking [N/A, N/A]
    noel50 [N/A, N/A]
    jakeybaby [N/A, N/A]
    *** Bet Round 1 ***
    AbuIbnAl Fold
    lolscandie Fold
    PLAYER X All-in 5020.00
    colinking Fold
    noel50 Fold
    jakeybaby Fold
    Blip07 Fold
    LloydLucky Fold
    WiseSmurf Call 5020.00
    jackyback [2s, 8c] Two pair eights and threes Win: 0.00

just to point out i was all in for less than the bb as i do not play 82 normally:)

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Multi - accounting is a bigger problem in tournaments than previously imagined. I'm shocked to read that tbh. I hope all of those accounts will be investigated and a package frozen pending a clean bill of health. And I'm not joking.

Anna, get it sorted.

I will make sure its no such ting, and those who has contacted me asking has NOT stated they are multitaccounting but just on same IP witch happens if being somewhere that is possible. And our security department has automatically checks for this so it all on same IP will be looked troguh 100% sure of that, since i been trough it several times before with different clubs.

am on it, not to be worried.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    What is the problem with this hand exactly? A player with less than 10 BBs finds a suited ace and shoves. Pretty standard - and it can never be a HUGE mistake when there is only two real prizes.

Your donkey comment was way out of order IMO. Eventhough you were unlucky at the same time - but he didn't do anything wrong.

I wont be defending my comment. It was out of order. Apologies to the recepient

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Llyod I actually got it the wrong way around i thought it was a call (sleep dep i know) does not look as bad now, but in a different tourney i do not think a push with a8 with 6/7 players to act is a clever play more often than not you will get looked up and be behind, LP position it would be a marginal push

Is it not unfair that C4Queen is playing this? And on someone else's account?

I have already stated in mails pre the tourney to stephen that i will not claim any money or prices if i will end up on FT. I can inform you i didnt. I should lol, but i didnt. I played for the fun of playing with you all and if that is a huge wrong in your eyes i just wished you would have spoken up pre the tourney since i stated long time openly that i will play, and if anyone would have protested i would never done so. why would i go open with the fact am playing if not for the chans of giving people a say about it? Else i cud just shut up and do it. Witch would have been far more incorrect.

Is not like i have a buttom to press to give me the nuts.
    Am sorry if you feel its wrong but its not like i can do very much about that now.

Anna

C4Queen wrote:
    I have already stated in mails pre the tourney to stephen that i will not claim any money or prices if i will end up on FT. I can inform you i didnt. I should lol, but i didnt. I played for the fun of playing with you all and if that is a huge wrong in your eyes i just wished you would have spoken up pre the tourney since i stated long time openly that i will play, and if anyone would have protested i would never done so. why would i go open with the fact am playing if not for the chans of giving people a say about it? Else i cud just shut up and do it. Witch would have been far more incorrect.

Is not like i have a buttom to press to give me the nuts.
    Am sorry if you feel its wrong but its not like i can do very much about that now.

Anna

You did clearly state that you would not claim any prizes. So this is ok in my mind.

Llyod I actually got it the wrong way around i thought it was a call (sleep dep i know) does not look as bad now, but in a different tourney i do not think a push with a8 with 6/7 players to act is a clever play more often than not you will get looked up and be behind, LP position it would be a marginal push

Fran, given the structure; given the fact that there was only 2 worthwile prizes; given the fact that there were 20 players left; and given the fact that he had less than 9 blinds:

I think the play is never a really awful one. It may be marginally incorrect if you run the numbers. But it is never THAT bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think you are all a bunch of lucky donks.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote:
    I think you are all a bunch of lucky donks.

The only difference between you and me is that you are profitable and I'm not. :(

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Fran, given the structure; given the fact that there was only 2 worthwile prizes; given the fact that there were 20 players left; and given the fact that he had less than 9 blinds:

I think the play is never a really awful one. It may be marginally incorrect if you run the numbers. But it is never THAT bad.

I did mention if it was a different tourney!! say for example If this was the 200se or 300GJP same players left and chips in play with the focus not on 1st and 2nd would u push given the increase in payout as each player departs?

Maybe i am just playing to tight at the mo:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

two many fish in this

I did mention if it was a different tourney!! say for example If this was the 200se or 300GJP same players left and chips in play with the focus not on 1st and 2nd would u push given the increase in payout as each player departs?

Maybe i am just playing to tight at the mo:rolleyes:

If either of those tournaments had that amount of chips in play we would never play them!! :D

The answer has to be that "it depends".

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

C4Queen wrote:
    i got a few questions about playing from same IP. It seems there is a few playing more then one account, well i dont mind it but as you know the fraud and security got automatically check ups for this so only advice i can give it that if you play more then one account from same IP adress and end up on same table, sit out on one of them to avoid any suspected hands.

anna
    Yeah, I e-mailed your support people about this yesterday, but got no reply. Me and Flipper were playing from the same IP. Different rooms, different tables, no communication, but I guessed it might seem very suspect.

C4Queen wrote:

Anna

Anna,

its just the Irish mentality - we're only looking for an excuse to give out:o

u dont know what u've let urself in for:eek:
    LuckyLloyd wrote:

Truth be told, it was much better tahn my push with 2,7o with 8 players to act...:D

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    15th. Big Papi X would be a waste of a ticket. And I'll say no more.

papi x just got knocked out in 4th......

down to the last three, and irishmob is up against it but he aint going without a fight!!!

FungiWalsh wrote:
    Yeah, I e-mailed your support people about this yesterday, but got no reply. Me and Flipper were playing from the same IP. Different rooms, different tables, no communication, but I guessed it might seem very suspect.

well as i said, if not on same table its not that much risk of anything happening but its always good to contact us pre as you did, and it was actually not you and flipper i was meaning in the thread, am sure it will be ok, i will look into it myself.

anna

C4Queen wrote:
    well as i said, if not on same table its not that much risk of anything happening but its always good to contact us pre as you did, and it was actually not you and flipper i was meaning in the thread, am sure it will be ok, i will look into it myself.

anna
    Anna,

I'm being completely serious here, this is absolutely huge. If I could have had 2 entries in this tournament I'd have fecking loved it, even if I did sit out on one account when on the same table. It's more than just straight chip dumping and collusion. It's still cheating and should be thoroughly investigated, as you say you will. Do a google/boards/2+2 search for ZeeJustin, JJprodigy, or ablackcar and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also I know you say that you weren't going to take any money if you got to the FT, but account sharing is obviously allowed on Mermaid Poker/ Boss network, and again that is a major issue, you may not think so, but on the cash tables this can be huge, and is almost impossible to police but is certainly not allowed on any of the major sites, and for you to openly admit to not only allowing it, but actually doing it yourself, to me, is mindblowing.

It's great that you set-up this tournament and added the 2 packages, etc. and again these might not seem like big issues to you, but trust me, they really are. In ways you're lucky it's kinda hidden away in this thread and might not get the exposure that it could, but I'd take both of these issues very seriously if I were you.

Ste05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Rounders calling me Len Colon has to be the comment of the night pmsl.:D

Well done and big congratulations to :

WiseSmurf And Stretch who took first and second and the added packets to Copenhagen.

and a huge hug not that it helps to IRISHMOB that couldnt dogde that 4 on the river, UL man but someone has to go 3 th.

Hep Hep Clap Clap!!

Anna

Congrats Wisesmurf and Stretch, I saw the hand that IRISHMOB went out on and it really was sick!!! Really Really Really unlucky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Fatboydim wrote:
    Rounders calling me Len Colon has to be the comment of the night pmsl.:D

Knew you'd like it Len:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Just want to thank Anna on offering a great value tourney, even though I busted fairly early on. Congrats to the two package winners.

looked like there were a lot of toys been thrown out of the pram in chat at the end. :mad:

• Advertisement

And to replay you Ste05, i dont think any site allowes sharing accounts, but we all know how it is, havent we all phoned a m8 when not getting home in time to a tourney, -start it for me and such.

Am not saying at all its ok, and actually you are right, i shouldnt have played it. It was not correct. My bad.

I will personally look into each and everyone who played the tourney and make sure there hasent been anything tricky, witch i doubt but i will of course do so.

I hope we dont let this take up to much of the fun now, cos i think its great two people won who actually wants to come to copenhagen and not just getting ride of the tickets.

anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stretchticles

Ste05 wrote:
    Congrats Wisesmurf and Stretch, I saw the hand that IRISHMOB went out on and it really was sick!!! Really Really Really unlucky...

Well played Wise Smurf, Cheers Anna great game.

And yeah some serious luck with the river 4!!!!! sorry man

Thanks lads I was short for ages on the ft and traded chips a couple of times.

Sick for Irishmob terrible river for you. I didnt realise for a good 2 mins that your loss put me through because i felt so sick for you.

WP stretch you played tight like a tiger the whole ft and avoided massive hands.

Have to say I like mermaid, made a few quid last night and came second in this tourney.

And i know this help very little right now my dear IRISHMOB but.....

-It was you who nocked me out lol.... so i owe you a bounty in Dublin on the 6 th of october so lets discuss that one ;-)

Well played Wise Smurf, Cheers Anna great game.

And yeah some serious luck with the river 4!!!!! sorry man

There is no need to apologise, if someone can't handle the way the cards fall, they should switch to a game with less 'bad beats', like go fish, or old maid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

Thanks for a very enjoyable tournament.

C4Queen wrote:
    And i know this help very little right now my dear IRISHMOB but.....

-It was you who nocked me out lol.... so i owe you a bounty in Dublin on the 6 th of october so lets discuss that one ;-)
    Bounty%20Bar.JPG

Thanks anna was a nice tourney, that said i am a bit bummed about finishing how i did. Still wondering would Doc Farrell of folded his A6 before the break if i had open pushed, I doubt it somehow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Hey guys.

Sorry for the reaction to the beat,,, just really wanted that ticket.

Well played guys SMURF and STRETCH. great game...hope u go all the way.

Am i right in saying the ticket was to a satellite for the danish open?

Hey guys.

Sorry for the reaction to the beat,,, just really wanted that ticket.

Well played guys SMURF and STRETCH. great game...hope u go all the way.

no worries at all from here, i know how it feels, been there a few times and to bubble is such a bad feeling but sadly part of the game.

See you in Dublin.

Anna

shoutman wrote:
    Am i right in saying the ticket was to a satellite for the danish open?

http://www.casinocopenhagen.com/turneringer2.cfm?id=29

yea its called Danish championship in Texas no Limit holdem. But many say Danish Open too...

PArt from EPT its the biggest live tourney we got here and the pricepool is quite amazing. And since only 150 seats and with only way to get in trough satellites its quite interesting. I will play a satellite myself, not same day as these two lads though, dont have to push my luck ! lol

anyone can buy in to the satellites to get over! The more the merrier!

anna

C4Queen wrote:
    I hope we dont let this take up to much of the fun now, cos i think its great two people won who actually wants to come to copenhagen and not just getting ride of the tickets.
    Absolutely, I was only pointing out those things for your benefit, just to make sure you knew the possible ramifications.

I'm sure you could have just played on your own account. It was just the account sharing thing I was talking about.

Noone but me knows any of my account passwords, so personally it'd never come up when I'd have to get someone else to play for me. I know it happens, but it's not something that should be shrugged off IMO.

Anyway, congrats again to the 2 lads and again commiserations to IRISHMOB, sick sick sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Thanks lads I was short for ages on the ft and traded chips a couple of times.

Sick for Irishmob terrible river for you. I didnt realise for a good 2 mins that your loss put me through because i felt so sick for you.

WP stretch you played tight like a tiger the whole ft and avoided massive hands.

Have to say I like mermaid, made a few quid last night and came second in this tourney.
    i think the key hand for you was the AK v AK and you hit the flush.....:( 5 handed
    WP tho

[QUOTE
    I'm sure you could have just played on your own account.[/QUOTE]

well.. actually no, since it was only for Irish players, not possible to register with any account created outisde ireland or with irish adress. so in a way that was wrong of me too since i am not Irish but it was our tourney made for you people and all i wanted was to be part of it and do some small talk around the table and put a bounty on me....

but lets move on, i hear you all loud and clear! (so next tourney i will not tell anyone just play, am Joking, joking joking,, couldnt resist it )

night night

anna panna

• Advertisement
Advertisement