Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new inter rail price system?

• 23-07-2007 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭

I was on the official interrail website and beginning 1st of April this year, a new system appears to be in place, that seems a lot more expensive than the previous one. And most annoyingly they seem to have done away with the two zone option, only giving a one country pass or global option which is around 359. Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah the old zone system is gone completely, you must now either buy a global ticket or a one-country ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

thanks, what a load of crap though. What travelling student would buy a one country pass for any of the smaller countries? I'm going to have to price every single train journey I'm likely to take and weigh up the convenience of the pass against the price. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

The old 2-zone ticket was just 3 weeks though wasn't it? They have a new 22 day global pass for 309euro - how much was the 2-zone, 280? They also have 5 and 10 day global passes.

Advertisement