Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

myspace

• 23-07-2007 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭

I started to use myspace account recently , i went to add a few bands as freinds , as myspace is primarily a music social network, i believe . Anyway moody lou reed and spacey pete doherty , accpepted my request , but i'm still awaiting a reply from the social do-gooders rem and u2 ... is it they are so big they don't need my freindship, or there popularity means, you have to wait over a week to get a response ?? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

myspace sucks the donkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You should check out Pederasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

myspace is 2005s hype. When they were stupid and people url directed their profiles with divs and flash direction scripts to phish for passwords ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bebo ftw :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

indeed myspace is utter crap and filled with spam. bebo is miles better and theres not that whole friend whoring that goes on in myspace either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

btw add me as a friend wil ye my page is www.mypace.com/friendwhore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

The layout of MySpace is actually terrible. Full of ads and it just muck really. Bebo isn't much better but I have to say it's the best and easiest to use of them all out there.

Oh btw, what's with tagworld.com and myspace being nearly identical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I dont know how MySpace ever grew, it took off back when I was in college, remember a handful of people had it 2 or 3 odd years ago but I couldnt be arsed signing up, **** sake, it takes a while to load even on broadband, and no matter what PC you are on it seems to cause momentary freezing upon loading. And 90% of pages have a background completely incompatible with the text, so you have to squint to read it.

re Bebo, I accidentally signed up in late 05 or early 06 after an ex sent me a quiz to do (yer, i was on Bebo waaaayyy before yis all :D ), I quite litreally clicked a link, it said please enter a username and password, and there you go, without even meaning to I had an account. Thats the genius of its creator- if I had clicked a link demanding I first fill in my name, address, post code, and do a whole load of what your interest tick boxes id have been straight to the back button and wouldnt have bothered my hole with the quiz.

I have to admit, Bebo initially annoyed me but tbh its a great way of sharing photos of nights out/trips and keeping in touch with mates who have gone abroad. In the US its almost a non entity by all accounts, its all MySpace or Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

myspace, bebo, facebook, and all those other kiddy fiddler sites sucks the donkey.

i was at a lan party a while back and there were two little gamers insulting each other over bebo for close to 4 hours. Now thats all fine and grand until you realise they were within 15 meters of each other.

i eventually had to throw a cookie at teh back of one of the lads heads before they started fighting it out in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

cance wrote:
    myspace, bebo, facebook, and all those other kiddy fiddler sites sucks the donkey.

i was at a lan party a while back and there were two little gamers insulting each other over bebo for close to 4 hours. Now thats all fine and grand until you realise they were within 15 meters of each other.

i eventually had to throw a cookie at teh back of one of the lads heads before they started fighting it out in real life.

You have to admit it's one of the better ways of releasing drunken photos so everyone can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Caliden wrote:
    You have to admit it's one of the better ways of releasing drunken photos so everyone can see

provide pictures of bewbs or im discarding this argument :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think my MySpace is very good for meet new friends all over the globe, not point adding and commenting people you meet every day tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I met my current girlfriend of 8 months over myspace... :)

I honestly dont think theres anything wrong with any of these things at all.. but what really really really pisses me off is when im in town and theres those new internet computers in shopping centres 5 or so in a row.. and every last one is being used for bebo.. I see this everyday.. People would spend a couple of quid in town to check it...

why?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement