Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermann's Tortoises Issues.

Options
  • 23-07-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I bought 2 Hermann's tortoises just more than a year ago. They are a little more than a year, and I have one boy and one girl. I have 2 questions/

1. My female has an underbite. It isn't bad and isn't affecting her eating habits, etc., but is there a way to fix it or is it or is she fine?

2. When I feed my tortoises, they both run to the dish, but the male pushes the female away until he is full. Is this domination, aggression, or normal? They both grow at the same rate, but I am concerned because I don't want my female to starve or get sick.

Please help me! I'm so nervous for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Mine do that too when feeding, and one has grown considerably more than the other. This is my fourth summer to have them and I got them as one year old babies. Try seperating them when feeding.
    Dunno about the underbite thing, why dont you go to the tortoise trust page and see if you can get help.

Advertisement