Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any budding garden designers new ideas needed for cobblelock+water feature

Options
  • 23-07-2007 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

blank canvas ready for inspiration

im extending cobblelock in garden and looking for fresh ideas, everything has been lifted, topsoiled removed, land drainage put in and hardcore spread and compacted

with all the rain lately decided best to let ground settle/dry out and compact again before cobblelocking

wife wants curved area with raised beds/flowers blah but i would prefer something different would like to get a modern water feature into it

any budding garden designers/landscapers want to give this a go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i would say some gardening magazine would help. i m same situation but really dont know where to go so:confused: but i think gardening magazine may hold some information.

done the magazines no inspiration popping out from them

dont mind giving some a few bob to help plan it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

where you based?

based in drogheda

im in dublin most days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Picture of site, rough plan, aspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

whats your time frame? budget? and how much you think its worth to planner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

What are your requirements of the area, do you have kids, outdoor entertaining, how many people using it, sunlight, pets, etc. etc.

thanks for replies

some details

existing cobblelocking sunk in middle and dipped in a few places and covered too small of an area hence we lifted it. the site is sloping in all directions and fenced area to the side has planning permission for extensions

we would like to keep levels close to what we have at moment so long as water drainage is dealt with

would like to extend cobblelock (i.e replace lifted and blend in new of same style so as not to stick out from neighbours) to allow 2/3 cars easy access would like to dish kerb on left hand side also

we would like a display area to the left where pebbledashed wall is we have amaterusihly marked out a curved area here with cobblelocking and

as we have young child we would also like to put wall and gates in if it doesnt detract from our neighbours houses which as you can see are open plan and do something with driveway boundary

time frame would like get this done as soon as possible, need to get doisplaty area in place first to set levels etc for cobblelocking

another pic figured out how to compress them:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement