Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers - Who sings this version?

Options
  • 23-07-2007 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm if this version of the transformers theme song is sung by Linkin Park? The singers do sound a lot like Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, but there is no record anywhere that this is them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH61ymbyeQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

no idea to be honest, im not a linkin park connessuer, on a seperate note, anyone know where you could download transformer "noises" like in the movie, would be a groovy message tone on my phone........im such a geek :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jimbo808

Just downloaded the changing sound for my message tone. Legend. Email me if you want me to send it to you.

The theme is done by a Band called MuteMath and in my opinion sucks the fat one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

thanks, iv just PM'd you my email address

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jimbo808 wrote:
    The theme is done by a Band called MuteMath and in my opinion sucks the fat one!

This isn't the Mutemath version.
    There are several different versions floating around. I agree that the Mutemath one is terrible, but I like this one and the Black Lab version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Black Lab version is a cover of the opening from the original film by Lion, and imo the singing ruins it. Awful vocals.

The Mutemath theme is pretty bad though, I'd prefer the Black Lab one to be the theme.

I think it might be Linkin Park, it kind of sounds like them but I wouldn't be 100% positive it is LP. Apparently there's a Gnarls Barkley version floating around too.

• Advertisement

the Gnarles Barkley version is really just a reference in a song of his album called "Transformer".

Yea I didn't actually listen to the song, just thought I'd jump the gun and label mutemath as destroyers of a classic!

Don't they know they're messing with people's happy childhood memories!!

the Gnarles Barkley version is really just a reference in a song of his album called "Transformer".

Yea I didn't actually listen to the song, just thought I'd jump the gun and label mutemath as destroyers of a classic!

Don't they know they're messing with people's happy childhood memories!!

Advertisement