Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porpoises in Skerries Harbour

Options
  • 23-07-2007 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭

Did any see the porpoises on the North Beach in Skerries? I saw them yesterday evening between 5:30 & 6:00.

The adult was jumping clear out of the water - nearly crashed the car when I saw it first! :o

There appeared to be one, possibly two, adults and two pups. Swimming from Hoare Rock out along by Mourne View & back.

Just wondering if they'd been around all weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 EmiliaK

I saw one this morning at 7.45, Balbriggan beach!!!!!:) :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Last week a number of us were fishing off the pier in Balbriggan and again saw the 4 porpoises that Hill Billy was referring to.

They stayed around for about half an hour, entertaining alll present.

It really was refreshing to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

fishing off the pier/lighthouse? what are ye catching? must go down for a stroll one of these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sirpsycho wrote:
    fishing off the pier/lighthouse? what are ye catching? must go down for a stroll one of these days

People have fished off there and The Bower for donkeys years.

It's macrel time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

yeah I know, but didnt know what was being caught from the lighthouse. i was thinking macrel but was wondering if anything else was being caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sirpsycho wrote:
    yeah I know, but didnt know what was being caught from the lighthouse. i was thinking macrel but was wondering if anything else was being caught.

Pollock can be caught sometime too, they are attracted to the ****e in and around the harbour.

Advertisement