Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help. Unclean! Unclean!

Options
  • 23-07-2007 9:13am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my problem is, I keep stealing the duvet off my girlfriend and leaving her freezing all night. She keeps waking up and pulling it back. Now, where is the problem you ask. Of course I am perfectly happy to keep doing this but she has some form of problem with it, and when I listen to the nagging(Hi honey) to decipher what she is complaining about, I will update the thread.

So, have any of you dealt with this, how does one stop taking the duvet in ones sleep?

Fully refreshed from a good nights sleep,

--
    Tar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bigger duvet? like a queen sized one of some such, assuming that you dont already have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Smaller bed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not sure if we have one, probably just a normal double. I'm unsure it would help. I'm really greedy when I'm asleep.

Edit: A smaller bed, hmm. I'll run the idea by her. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Had this problem also, just got a bigger quilt.

You could try getting a smaller girlfriend :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Size does matter*

*Oh... get an oversized duvet;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You could try getting a smaller girlfriend :D
    I'll bring this important point up with her!
    Better than splashing out on a big duvet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Sleeping Bag on the Bed?

Two Duvets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nuada

Of course I am perfectly happy to keep doing this but she has some form of problem with it

Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sleeping Bag on the Bed?

Two Duvets?

Close ;), but 2 sleeping bags joined together will work better :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Pyjamas. :D

A queen or king size duvet will help. Trust me, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Turn the heading up and lose the duvet ! Oh, and don't mention PJs ! do that too often and you could get banned ;)

nuada wrote:
    Typical
    :D
    smashey wrote:
    Pyjamas. :D
    Keep that quiet, you'll have that guy with the pyjamas fetish coming back to boards.
    Turn the heading up and lose the duvet !
    It dries skin or makes eyes itchy when you do that or something.

Also sleeping bags? Less resistance to poking people in the dark the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Get a third party to tuck the duvet in tightly at either side of the bed so that you are both hermatically sealed into said duvet/bed. If neither can move their arms to pull the duvet away, yet can still breath in a semi-regular fashion when in this postion, then that is the problem solved.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

:D
    It dries skin or makes eyes itchy when you do that or something.

That's where the massage oil comes in handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hmmm, i'd say a smaller bed would lead to other problems of getting a good night's sleep.

smaller girlfriend won't work :p you'll need to consider losing some size yourself ;)

two duvets is an option, but i'd say the other duvet would be soon stolen.

and i admit, tucking in the duvet would have some effect, but it may not last the night.

perhaps the duvet stealer needs to try harder not to steal the duvet?!!!

That's where the massage oil comes in handy ;)
    This is true. I will turn up the heating and even turn on two hair dryers all night to keep the room hot. There will be no need for a duvet.

hmmm, i'd say a smaller bed would lead to other problems of getting a good night's sleep.
    sexy problems?
    two duvets is an option, but i'd say the other duvet would be soon stolen.
    Quite possibly.
    and i admit, tucking in the duvet would have some effect, but it may not last the night.
    It certainly wouldn't I have arms of steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Get a third party to tuck the duvet in tightly at either side of the bed so that you are both hermatically sealed into said duvet/bed. If neither can move their arms to pull the duvet away, yet can still breath in a semi-regular fashion when in this postion, then that is the problem solved.:)

LoL, that's dry, but very funny!

Advertisement