Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbs in Cork

Options
  • 23-07-2007 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good climbs within an hours cycle of the city?? I have been on a few hilly cycles around blarney and tower but nothing long enough.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 blacka01

Don't think there is much within an hour of the city. The back road from Carrigtwohill to Watergrasshill via Leamlara is a bit hilly. I suppose you could head up towards the Nagle Mtns (nr Fermoy), apart from that you have to head down Kerry way (Healy Pass, Moll's Gap, Conor Pass etc.) or east to the Vee, Knockmealdowns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I have nightmares about descents on the healy pass (Caha not much better!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 blacka01

I have nightmares about descents on the healy pass (Caha not much better!)

Not too bad on the north side, horrible on the twisty south side alright. Might take a day off work for the Tour of Ireland and watch the pros do it, great spot for spectating

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

When is the tour of Ireland? /Edit Ah the 29Aug - 2Sept Tour of Ireland /EndEdit

Advertisement