Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flaws (Spoilers)

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Flaw - on Harry's first year book list, one of the books is called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" - sounds like a Care of Magical Creatures text to me, but they only start studying that in third year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Also, what is the difference between Transfiguration and Charms? Why is it a seperate subject, rather than a section of Charms class? Surely Transfiguration uses magic charms to turn stuff into other stuff? Or do they just close their eyes and hope really hard? And if so, why doesn't that work for other types of magic too - levitating things just by concentrating on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Does it say in Hallows that Harry's cloak is infallible, in making him invisible?

If so, how does a copy of Moody's eye see through it?
    Barty Crouch Jr. was able to see Harry trapped in the stairs and deflect Snape's attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

That wasn't a copy, it was Moody's real eye. Another very powerful and possibly "infallible" magical object. However that does mean that Harry's cloak isn't actually infallible at all, just that it's more infallible than any other invisibility cloak in existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

All in all, I think for a one woman show ( I know that it has spawned a Behemoth) there are surprisingly few major flaws.

Now I just hope that the final 2 movies are Lord of the Rings-ish in length so as to allow for the whole story to be told.

in the movies has there been any mention of Tonks?
    or any reapearances of Lupin/Dobby/Fleure/Mad Eye?

• Advertisement
Advertisement