Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degreaser

Options
  • 23-07-2007 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good degreaser?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I have used the Finish Line eco-tech concentrated degreaser for the past while and found it quite good for removing chain oil (finish line cross country, white lightening etc) and general cleaning. Im not sure how it would handle more viscous oils/greases though
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Actually, that would do fine. I don't need it to remove heavy duty grease of the kind used to lubricate bearings - just chain oil and the like. Cheers.
    I have used the Finish Line eco-tech concentrated degreaser for the past while and found it quite good for removing chain oil (finish line cross country, white lightening etc) and general cleaning. Im not sure how it would handle more viscous oils/greases though
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

Actually, that would do fine. I don't need it to remove heavy duty grease of the kind used to lubricate bearings - just chain oil and the like. Cheers.

GUNK is your only man - you'll get it in most hardware shops. it'll take the knickers off your granny but leave the paintwork intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I like the sound of it, if only because I've never actually seen the word "gunk" written down before.
    GUNK is your only man - you'll get it in most hardware shops. it'll take the knickers off your granny but leave the paintwork intact.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I can't recommend GUNK highly enough. I've been using it for years and it really does do exactly what it says on the tin. Use a paint brush to apply it and then rinse with water. It's that simple.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement