Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

number porting to 3 - how long - waiting 8 days so far

• 23-07-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

Has anyone there ported your number to 3 - I put in a request sun yesterday week and it still hasn't been ported - it just goes to an engaged / not in use tone. I've raised this with tech support every 2 days and each time they say it'll be between 24 & 48 hours to resolve.

Anyone got any hints on how I got 'encourage' them to resolve it? I am seriously thinking of switching to another provider, but I'm not sure what state my phone number is in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It should not take longer than 2 hours in most cases. That is highly unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Ordered my 3 phone online and requested porting number last monday, received phone tuesday (excellent!), Still waiting to have my number ported, have called them twice already about this and was told that it will take two days, last time I rang was Friday and they said it would be done by today, still got o2 on my phone though.

Question: should I turn off both my handsets to enable porting or will my o2 sim be automatically kicked off o2 network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

if all else fails, fax it to them, took 1 hour after they got the fax!

Dubal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It should not take longer than 2 hours in most cases. That is highly unusual.
    unacceptable, yes. unusual, sadly no

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

WezzyB wrote:
    Question: should I turn off both my handsets to enable porting or will my o2 sim be automatically kicked off o2 network?
    It just happens. Your o2 phone will just have no signal and your 3 phone will have your old o2 number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

DONT GET INVOLVED WITH "3" AND ANY PORTING ISSUES. They are the worst company for dealing with it and their customer services regarding it are hopeless. Only way you can move things along is walk into the shop and shout at the manager (like i did) threaten him with consumer rights (like i did) and have it resolved by the end of the day (like i did).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DONT GET INVOLVED WITH "3" AND ANY PORTING ISSUES. They are the worst company for dealing with it and their customer services regarding it are hopeless. Only way you can move things along is walk into the shop and shout at the manager (like i did) threaten him with consumer rights (like i did) and have it resolved by the end of the day (like i did).
    Or you could try going in to the store and politely inform them of the problem and see what they can do. I've only had a few minor problems with three. A quick trip to the store and it was sorted in no time.

Advertisement