Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second-hand computers shop

• 23-07-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    I need a little help from you.
    I'm looking for a shop, that sells second-hand computers in Waterford. where can i find them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't believe there is any, besides PC World and Waterdford Micro Systems I can't think of any shops.

I'd say you might have look with Waterford Microsystems, its around the Tower Hotel.

Last time I dealt with them is when they fecked me about when I bought some ram of them and they gave me 2x 128MB instead of the 256MB I asked for and then refused to correct it without me paying extra (ram had gone up in the week between)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You could try CyberMart on the Park Road. They often sell of their old systems and I think they had a sale recently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why not just buy a new PC? Its nearly as cheap as getting an old one, and your much better of..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

very true shur u cud pick up a good pc for feck all these days between €600 to €800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No TXT speak please, this is the internet not a phone. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

komplett.ie if you wanted to buy new cheap stuff

Yeah forgot about Cybermart,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

mike65 wrote:
    No TXT speak please, this is the internet not a phone. :)

Mike.
    sorry mike i keep doin that i,m just so used to texting that i forget meself

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If it helps, ill custom build one exaclty to your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Am I to take it Sully that your new venture will be doing custom computer work aswel?

Minto wrote:
    Am I to take it Sully that your new venture will be doing custom computer work aswel?

First venture really Minto ;). But ya, amongst other stuff. Got a great team on board, and what we have done so far has done well. :D

Enough people out there charging an arm and a leg for IT Related jobs, people should really be careful who they choose and spend wisely. Anyway, wont get into that. Already discussed that over in Comp & Tech. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

I'd agree that it's not worthwhile looking at 2nd hand gear. New hardware is dirt cheap these days, and will actually run the bloatware that passes for software these days. Unless you're merely looking for something to do a bit of light websurfing and maybe a bit of word processing, I'd avoid 2nd hand.

Keep an eye on the bargain alerts forum. They have regular alerts about Dell specials. Also this site is worth a look if you are interested in dell. The prices are sterling, but you take the code from the system you're interested in (eg "N07151"), go to here this page, enter "e305" in the first box and the offer code in the second

(alternatively talk to Sully - not wanting to stomp over your enterprise :) )

Thanks JMcL :P I dont personally have any problems with dell - there not that expensive and offer a good enough service. Just gotta be carefull, there sales team have an awful habbit of trying to sell stuff the consumer doesnt need. :/

Went past CyberMart today, they're currently selling 2nd users machines with 21" CRT monitors for €150. Would probably be worth buying just for the monitor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 (¯`·.Drago.·´¯)

You could try cash converters they often have a laptop or desktop availible

Got's me a nice vaio in their a while back

You could try cash converters they often have a laptop or desktop availible

Got's me a nice vaio in their a while back
    I have it on good authority that a lot of the electrical products down there are straight off the back of a lorry or straight out of persons home or pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Went past CyberMart today, they're currently selling 2nd users machines with 21" CRT monitors for €150. Would probably be worth buying just for the monitor!

Really?? Got any specs there?

Advertisement