Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what car under 2k

Options
  • 23-07-2007 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have now Matiz 99 year,

it is leaking coolant in the heater rad, so no luck try to pass the ntc,

the leak was fixed once by friend of me but it is broken again,

so I think the best option would drive untill 09/07 when ntc runs out, buy a car that has ntc for 2009, fix the daewoo and get ntc for that&sell it

I wont take the car to garage since it cost $$ to fix it anyway and it is no point to sell the car now without ntc&coolant leaks,

SO I was thinking to buy something else, under 2000 euros so then I would not need to take any car loan for the car,

only thing I need is immobilizer and engine under 1,3 litres and of course price around 2000 euros,

what car should I get:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

you will pick up various things in that spec, anything more sepcific. you can search on carzone for exactly that spec without having to put in make or model once you have a few other credentials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Liquid Sealant won't work?
    InnoStop is much better than Radweld!

I brought my car to the NCT a few years ago worried it would fail for oil leaks but it passed even though it had oil leaks a plenty.

The guy who did the test told me it was leaking coolant from the radiator but it still passed the NCT.
    Turns out the radiator sprung a coolant leak somewhere between my house and the test centre that day - Radweld solved the problem.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_check_and_change_a_heater_matrix_on_a_Daewoo_Matiz. four hour job?
    Would be a shame to have to move on an otherwise serviceable car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Yes, I can do the job, it takes time but I got full Daewoo Matiz service manual thanks to internet,

the problem is that I need my car on daily basis, so if I need to find out parts etc it might be a broblem to fix it,

Second one is that is something goes wrong, then I got no problem since I have a primary car to use (if I buy a replacement car),

But maybe I should try this InnoStop, but where I can get it? I work/live between Dublin 15 - Celbridge so somewhere close would be nice,

I would like to keep my Daewoo, since cheap car is a cheap car (so if I change I gain nothing more than lose money)
    and current car has timing belt changed at 40k, ingition wire set, spark plugs, engine and gearbox oil, cooling fan etc so otherwise than coolant leak it is in good shape and I could easily drive 30 000 miles more to 53 500 I got now.

But I need to get though NTC first and without this coolant leak, no luck.

And if I go and buy a replacement car, well under 2k my selection is Ford Fiesta&KA, Nissan Micra, Polo, Pug 106, Fiat Seicento&Punto and Clio well that´s about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

ebay for innostop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

You will not fail the NCT for having a leaking heater matrix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

BrianD3 wrote:
    You will not fail the NCT for having a leaking heater matrix.

Good to hear, I try to get this innostop stuff, maybe it helps, since the matrix was changed once already, but started to leak again I might be lucky to fix the problem,

cheers,

Advertisement