Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ADSL available in grangeford, Carlow

Options
  • 23-07-2007 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anyone know if ADSL is available in the Grangeford area of Carlow? Want to get broadband but there is no wireless option. There is no phoneline yet. Eircom cannot say if broadband is available until the line is installed. But the problem is that we would only be getting eircom phone line so that we could get broadband.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I understand your issue but eircom are correct. Due to the bad situation with our national copper, eircom cannot test a line unless a line is installed.

However, if you know the phone number of someone on your street, to a line test on that number, on the eircom site.

It won't guarantee YOUR line will work, but it will be a very good indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Grangeford, I'd say you haven't a hope. Where are you in Grangeford?

Try Ned Kennedys phone number or Brian Flynn, if they're near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭dclifford

Thanks guys,
    Just put a few grangeford phone numbers through the line checker. They all showed up as no broadband available.

Patrickof, I live beside the old post office.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's likely the exchange would be a stone's throw away, but that still doesn't rule out pairgains. Even so, you could likely get ISDN if you want something faster than dialup, and mabye some of the mobile operators would have 3G coverage in your area.

E.g. I saw a three modem yesterday which was working in a remote part of North Tipperary, albeit at about 70 kbps.

Advertisement