Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant near Avoca/Meetings of the Waters

Options
  • 23-07-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi there,

Could anyone suggest a decent restaurant near Avoca/ Meetings of the Waters area for a nice meal on a Saturday night? Cant seem to find much on the net.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's a greek restaurant in Avoca itself that's supposed to be OK. Never been there myself though. Isn't there a big hotel somewhere near Meeting of the Waters?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I dont know. Im in Dublin, but am planning a visit down there soon, thats why Im looking for somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

Hi I live in the area and there are a few good places to eat in the area without going into a town.
    The Greek Vine is closed for food in Avoca but the Coachouse and Moores are doing food. Both are less than a mile from the Meetings and Avoca on the main road:) R747.Moores has just been renovated and is really lovely phone 0402 35311.If you want to sample haute cuisine , Brooklodge http://www.brooklodge.com is the only certified organic restaurant in Ireland,its a 15/20 min drive from Avoca. There is also the restaurant in the meetings itself and the Woodenbridge Hotel and Lodge http://www.woodenbridgehotel.com/ which is OK for food in the bar , a few pints and a game of pool , but I personally had some bad experiences in the restaurant in the hotel and the Italian in the lodge and wouldn't recommend it at all for a nice meal.

Thanks for the honest reply there. Sounds like it would be better off driving to arklow or baltinglass to have a bit of choice then eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

Baltinglass would be a good bit away, nearly an hours drive.
    Arklow has a decent veriety of restraunts, is a very good 1 in Rathdrum.

• Advertisement

yea, saw a few in arklow. looks a good bet.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

make sure to call into sally o briens or the gin mill after your meal, always good places to go

Advertisement