Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratched plastic

• 23-07-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a new radio/nav unit off eBay. Looks perfect, except for a graze to the plastic on the top left hand side of the facia. Is there any easy way of getting rid of this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Is it actual damage to the plastic? Or is it some colour or coating which has rubbed off onto it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's actual damage, a small scrape on the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Meguairs do a product specifically for removing scratches in plastic, similar to how their "ScratchX" works on paintwork. Its called "PlastX" I think. Might be worth a try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yup, I've heard of that stuff as well, but I've never tried it... Is it a part that might be available from the manufacturer? It's always a shame when something like that happens :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Yup, I've heard of that stuff as well, but I've never tried it... Is it a part that might be available from the manufacturer? It's always a shame when something like that happens :(
    If push came to shove, I could always swap the faceplate from my old unit over, as they're identical. I'd really rather not if I don't have to though, as it involves disassembling the front of the unit and there's always potential for accidents. I'm kind of considering really fine sandpaper followed by a tiny dab of shoe dye?

• Advertisement
Advertisement