Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL offering phone rental/service

Options
  • 23-07-2007 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

They have been very busy upgrading their cables in the Dublin 9 area. They are now offering broadband, telephone rental and call service. Anyone done any research on this apart from the standard "Eircom is sh1te" comments?

The phone line rental is €10. Braodband 1mb works out at €19.99 after a three months trial at €9.99. I think you have to sign for a year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BSC

Good luck with that one, i had so many troubles with NTL. you've be lucky to get a way from NTL without paying off fees for breaking contract with them., Also the deal that you quoted is not so good if you will calculate what are you going to pay in total after the trial period.
    They are so nice and happy to deal with you only at the beginning, after that you will spend hours on the phone queues waiting for some Bill or Jack to help you because they billed you incorrectly. After 4 month of complaints and battling with them i got my refund check, swear to god never will bring my business back to this cruel company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

hi, prices work out:
    digital tv 25.99
    1Mb broad band 19.99
    tel line 4.00
    per month.
    when you take all three products.
    tel line is a tenner if you dont take broadband.

you can also add on call packs to the phone service.

phone works in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CarloSelfBuild

Stay away from them Heinrich, they'll rip you off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone getting fed up of calls from Indian call centre looking to sell this crappy products, I've just told them to get lost for the third time but they keep pushing me, anyway to stop them cold calling me?

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Anyone getting fed up of calls from Indian call centre looking to sell this crappy products, I've just told them to get lost for the third time but they keep pushing me, anyway to stop them cold calling me?

Snake ;)

Ditto - its starting to really piss me off.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ditto - its starting to really piss me off.:mad:
    Yeah I've tried to explain that their service is not reliable and that I want to keep my eircom landline, I do this nicely and then they give the crap about 6 months free rental and that I have an Internet phone and they still try and make me sign up for it and tells me the service does not break down in my area, I was tempted to say "how would you know if your living in Bombay?:mad:

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

good to have competition, pity it is from a company whose customer service makes eircom look good.

Advertisement