Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how will you handle it...

Options
  • 23-07-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

So most of us probably wont sleep very well the night before the results, but wat are you all gonna do the morning of them? the hours leading up to getting them....when you open the letter....and afterwards?? im thinking im gonna get the letter and just go where no1 will see me:o ....or getting them off the net...is pretty appealing!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I dont know, hopefully ill be able to sleep, i should do....im just going to open it straight away when i get it, no point in doing it all together with mates...just get that shít over with tbh,

oh yes then how could i forget, then to the off licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I always kinda retch when I'm really scared with nervousness, so that probably. Be at the school for 9, get envelope, go into the hall a bit away from people, open, calculate, either go back over to group or flee from another door to my boyfriend's house or home...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'll prob get them at 9, couldn't wait the extra 3hours on the net. I'll open them on my own maybe and try and stay as calm as poss. I've already prepared for not getting the points I need which has been helpful I guess. I'll try not to jump around the place if I do get what I want too. I don't want others who haven't got what they needed to see a happy face. I had all that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont think we're getting them till 10 in the school. I'll be asleep, and as its a Wednesday, I prob wont be working the Tuesday, so I'll be out drinking the night before. It'll be a struggle to wake me up for that hour anyway. I'll try and calculate them when I get it immediately, no waiting around BS for me. Then let the day go out of control, and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

my school aint given em out til 12 like the net...

tbh i might not even open mine, im not one to appeal so maybe il jus wait to see wat cao offer??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

tbh if i cant get enough points for my course i might aswell shoot myself considering the low amount i need. how i do in the LC is mainly about pride for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

They're out on the wednesday, so I'll be staying up monday night, that way I'll definitely sleep on tuesday night. Head down to the school for 9, calculate points there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Que sera sera for me. There's jack **** I can do about the leaving now. Granted, I probably will be bricking it slightly when I'm going in for the results around 10, calculate the points there, then head back to work. There really is absolutely nothing we can do about the results now, so there's no point overworrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'll collect results and wait to corner a certain teacher who never covered the course; the same teacher who wished us good luck by text the day before sitting the exam in the subject, thinking it was that day ;). I'm not bitter ...

Just annoyed to think staff will know our results before we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Get in as early as possible and open them as soon as my principal hands the envelope to me. The calculate and either go home to panic about my future and the propect of repeating or head off to a mate's all-day house party.

Hopefully the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

i'll hopefully go out drinking the night before, which will help calm the nerves. then get a breakfast roll the next morning bout 11 to help cure the hangover
    i'll head into the school bout half 11 when most people are gone and either jump with joy or hang my head in shame when i rip the letter open as soon as i get it. either way, i'll probly head to pub/off licence/ both afterwards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Go to school, get results, come home, sit there trying not to vomit, calculate results, be happy or sad, then possibly go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Sleep the night before-get the results-count them up-see if it satisfies my personal pride(if it doesn't fcuk it because I'm not repeating, no way in hell!)-go on a bender-sleep-more alcohol-sleep-resume daily routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

lemansky wrote:
    Sleep the night before-get the results-count them up-see if it satisfies my personal pride(if it doesn't fcuk it because I'm not repeating, no way in hell!)-go on a bender-sleep-more alcohol-sleep-resume daily routine.
    Hey, we're on the same wavelength.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

damn i thought they were out same time on the net... feck!

I planned to be alone when getting them, but peer pressure and not being able to wait will prob mean i'll be there at 9.. i'm getting nervous just thinking of it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

There's no way i'm getting the points i need for my coarse so to vent my frustration at the impending failure, i may kill someone that morning, probably my principle or some randomer on the street, who knows:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

go to school, get results, pump fist, go to work. simple.

I took the 15th and 16th off work, for the laugh tbh. May as well head out to drown sorrows or celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Hey, we're on the same wavelength.:)

Its the only way to do it!
    Great minds think alike and all that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

night before results come out is the opening night of a play I'm doing. A pretty big thing I've been working on for months... they'll be gettin quite a performance from me that night anyway! I'll be so nervous! And I can't go out and get off my face then cos the play runs all week... awwh
    When I get the results I'm first of all gonna check for any As or Ds...to know how happy I should be..then I'll add up points... aaaah I can't believe it's coming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Meh.I'll probably just stay awake the whole night playing videogames and stuff, and then head into the school at like 8:30 so I can the results as soon as possible. Then after i've worked out my points, i'll go thank/shout at some of my teachers, head for some breakfast, play more videogames, head out that evening, stay out all night, go to bed for the first time in like 48 hours on Thursday afternoon, and then sleep till monday morning till I can get my CAO results!See I have it all planned out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Leaving Cert 'totally sucks'

If I don't get what I want I will go insane, like properly insane. If I don't have a job by the LC results, then my mind will go into an eternal state of torment.

*The Job would act as a way to forget the results*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Lets see..

Get off plane, sleep for a few hours, get up, get results in school, run down to boyfriends school, hopefully be happy, go to work, go out, collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Christ im dreading them! Im not the smartest person so a Pass in everything would do me the finest, head in to school early enough, open the letter there and then and be delighted or miserable, If i fail anything ill be fairly annoyed for the remaining hours left in the day!

Mind you the day of the debs could be a nightmare! For those of us who didnt do too well, the '' How many points did you get? '' is going to be a pain in the h**e!

And ill be out to get those whos answer is going to be ''540'' when they did 7 Ordinary level subjects!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I will rise circa 8am, eat perhaps some toast.

Feel abit nauseas, call for my friend, meet up with perhaps 3 or 4 others.

Venture into the school around 10am, see whats going down, get the envelope, find a relatively quiet corner by myself, perhaps have a panic attack, let some wind off, rip the thing open...... what happens after that lies in the hands of the gods, whatever will be will be. But barring a disaster i'll be doing Science in either Trinity or UCD ;) Hopefully the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

would you believe I have to babysit my fantastically annoying 4 year old cousin all of the 15th, either way I won't get a minutes peace whether I go to my school or online to get the results. If I don't get the results I want, well, I can't be held responsible for my actions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Loopz, just dont do one of these.........

sq-michael-baby-balcony-cnn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

I was just wondering what time are the results usually given out in the school at?? I mean is it different for every school?? i know theyre out at 12 on the net but i want to get mine as early as possible, :confused:

only 14 days to go people :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

curlysue18 wrote:
    I was just wondering what time are the results usually given out in the school at?? I mean is it different for every school?? i know theyre out at 12 on the net but i want to get mine as early as possible, :confused:

only 14 days to go people :eek:
    It very much depends on your school, mine will be given them out from around 9 or half past (from a goodbye letter they sent us all)
    That said that our principal will collect them very early( 5.30 ) from the sorting office, the package has all the Certs together and they need to be put into individual envelopes as well as adding an info booklet on appeals and a form if you want to view your scripts. They must also be checked for clear mistakes such number of subjects, levels etc, before they can be given out.
    Some schools will wait for the postman to bring them, so you would be lucky to get them at 10 or 11, i even heard of 12 in some schools

• Advertisement

I'm having a party that day, either to drown my sorrows or to celebrate.

Advertisement