Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to VAT filing

Options
  • 23-07-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

Got good news from Revenue this morning about new bi-annual arrangements for VAT filing. Now it will only be twice year as against the current 6 . Effective from July 2007.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Good news for some, bad news for others :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is this across the board? My accountant told me that some businesses do one, others have to do the other. Can't see anything obvious on Revenue.ie.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've two business and I got the notice for one yesterday saying its going to go twice yearly and I don't mind because the returns are never that much

but, I got no notice for my other business as I don't want it to go twice yearly as I'd be talking serious money at the end of the year and half way through I'd have to come up with some arrangement with them maybe a standing order like years ago on a monthly basis.

I'd say the lower your return then your on a twice yearly the higher and nothing changes.

Advertisement