Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scavolini kitchens

Options
  • 23-07-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

with our build hopefully starting next month, we've started the hunt for kitchens. Saw a scavolini 'crystal' kitchen in red and thought it looked amazing.
    It's a coloured glass (tough tempered glass) and was wondering if anyone had any experience of an installation of this kitchen.
    How difficult it is to keep clean, are you happy with the end result, any downsides?:confused:
    Any feedback would be much appreciated - thanks.
    here's a pic of the specific kitchen in question:
    http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z173/carolineanded/scavolini_kitchen.jpg
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

c07 wrote:
    with our build hopefully starting next month, we've started the hunt for kitchens. Saw a scavolini 'crystal' kitchen in red and thought it looked amazing.
    It's a coloured glass (tough tempered glass) and was wondering if anyone had any experience of an installation of this kitchen.
    How difficult it is to keep clean, are you happy with the end result, any downsides?:confused:
    Any feedback would be much appreciated - thanks.
    here's a pic of the specific kitchen in question:
    http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z173/carolineanded/scavolini_kitchen.jpg
    :)

Saw their showroom in kildare recently. That kitchen from your picture in the flesh does look great.

The biggest downside about it is that 5 years from now it will have dated terribly. We're looking at kitchens too at the moment and all the showrooms that do both types (i.e. high gloss vs everything else) are all quick to warn about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭secman

We are currently kitchen hunting too for our new build. I am of the opinion too that these very modern kitchens will look dated within 5 years. But her indoors doesn't see this either.
    For the moment we have parked the kitchen and are concentrating on bathrooms.

Very confused
    Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

yeah, that's another thing I was a bit afraid of. It looking outdated, after spending a good chunk of build budget.
    Like u secman... feeling v confused as well!
    :(
    Before we had seen this, we had been looking at walnut shaker style kitchens... also beautiful, and definitely not as likely to date.

The toss-up is, this scavolini kitchen will look stunning initially and will give a real wow factor - but is it worth it, to take into account that we will prob want to change it in 5 years again. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

I had my eyeball one of these as well, it rather appears they are the kitchen of the moment... moment being the operative word. I was going to go for a chocolate crystal scavolini kitchen, but when I thought about it I too was worried about it looking dated...

Scavolini also do a slatted oak kitchen which has both modern lines and the traditional effect of the wood, of any kitchen I have seen this one would be hard to date... it could be 70's/80's/90's/00's... a real timeless look about it...

http://www.scavolini.com/scheda.asp?gr_id=25&fa_id=37&cu_id=48&lang=EN

Other than that a wooden shaker style kitchen with granite worktops would be hard to beat if you are worried about it looking dated.

I also want one of these, my wife is likely to get a shock when this turn up !

Gaggenau IK-360 Wine Cooler

Look real good in any kitchen :D:D:D

baud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

yeah, the only other alternative we were looking at, is a walnut shaker kitchen with black granite surface....
    as the other half says, heart is saying one thing, head another... just have to see which one wins.. :)

as for ur wine cooler bauderline - i love it.... very cool indeed. :D

Advertisement