Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tein coilovers+engine from japan.

Options
  • 23-07-2007 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking for a reliable jap import place to order 2nd hand tein coilovers,
    B16A engine inc gearbox and mabey afew rare oem parts.

Anyone know of such a place? Preferably around Dublin/Meath area.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

try ebay.co.uk - might be your best option

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dfer wrote:
    Hi guys,

Thanks

why would you go to the expence of importing a B16 engine when you could import a B18C (DC2 integra type R engine)?
    so much better than the B16.

have a look over on www.dtdirl.com there is an ad for a B20 conversion, everything you need do do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

dfer im in the middle of trying to sort out a contact in japan to source these kinda parts ill let you know how i get on, im currently looking for some mint recraos and advans, bringing an SiR civic at the mo and was trying to get them to bolt on the wheels and seats and ship them, have you seen there autobacs super stores??? and the prices feck me they are amazing.

kceire maybe he has an app thats best suited to the B16? where does all the maddness stop? feck a B20! K20 FTMFW or feck that lets RWD it and through a spare NSX engine in then twincharge it :D jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

kceire wrote:
    why would you go to the expence of importing a B16 engine when you could import a B18C (DC2 integra type R engine)?
    so much better than the B16.

have a look over on www.dtdirl.com there is an ad for a B20 conversion, everything you need do do it.

Because some of us have high insurance premium rates. I think a 1600cc with roaring vtec will keep me amused for now. Would love a B16b but way to expensive!! :(

projectgtr wrote:
    dfer im in the middle of trying to sort out a contact in japan to source these kinda parts ill let you know how i get on, im currently looking for some mint recraos and advans, bringing an SiR civic at the mo and was trying to get them to bolt on the wheels and seats and ship them, have you seen there autobacs super stores??? and the prices feck me they are amazing.

kceire maybe he has an app thats best suited to the B16? where does all the maddness stop? feck a B20! K20 FTMFW or feck that lets RWD it and through a spare NSX engine in then twincharge it :D jk

Yeah man, im looking for a pair of civic ek type r recraos too also! Yeah i'd be very interested, keep me posted!

What type of civic you buying? ef, eg, ek?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

dfer wrote:
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Sellin the coilovers off my Silvia soon, superstreet with uppermounts....... pm an offer if u are serious

• Advertisement

NicOda wrote:
    Sellin the coilovers off my Silvia soon, superstreet with uppermounts....... pm an offer if u are serious

Hi, I dont think they'd fit man.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

dfer wrote:
    Hi, I dont think they'd fit man.

Sorry , didnt realise they were for a Honda:o :o .
    Oh and BTW its GIRL:cool:

NicOda wrote:

Sorry , didnt realise they were for a Honda:o :o .
    Oh and BTW its GIRL:cool:

god man couldnt you tell by the name she gaver her car (silvia) :D jk

no prob ill keep you posted they are just looking for some prices for me the recaros are mad money here and the ones that arent are in a sorry state.

im going EG i was tempted by the EK but VRT, look and weight swayed me to the EG and im not going to get people saying "oh look hes trying to be a type R" just my prefence really, what do you drive yourself?

I was thinking of getting an eg but there a bit common (no offence man/girl/person!) it just down to personal taste, so i went with an civic 25xt box shape jap import, its basically the ef sir with no sunroof and has a 1500 dual carb engine. I like em because a clean one is a rare find, but saying that, alot of people hate em for some reason?

When i get the 1.6 DOHC engine for her and an AEM induction kit she'll be roaring and will keep up against most modern yokes.

I love the box! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

projectgtr wrote:

thats understandable man, im just offering advice.
    best of luck with the conversion.

• Advertisement

no offence taken man it really is personal prefrence when it comes to civics. the EG to me is my favourite, thay are common, but there arent many SiRs over here let alone a nice one they all seemed to have crashed through halfords :) im going to go the whole JDM kinda route OEM parts mixed with some spoon/mugen goodies and a ultra lightweight wheels to try and help her off the line. Just have to find the car first :)

i love the EKs they are going to be classics for sure have you got any pics? if you big into you civics and like your JDM check out www.jdmuniverse.com the guys there are great and there cars are amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Happyman1

You should look into Japan Auto Direct. www.japanautodirect.com I'm not sure if they do engines and parts but theyre in japan so im sure they have contacts. I bought a very cheap car off them perhaps its cheaper for you to buy the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

there is a guy in just outside knocklong county limerick, h and h imports, he does 2nd hand engine and parts, you might try him

Advertisement