Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ActiveX headwreck!

• 23-07-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so a girl in the office is trying to upload a document onto the intranet scanner software we use at work (iDocs) but on coming onto the page she is greeted with:

"ActiveX failed to load, check your browser security......"

Now, at first it seemed like a simple security issue within IE but I & 2 other techs are absolutely stumped. We've tried every concievable way imaginable from removing the required ActiveX controllers to fiddling around with all sorts of settings. The IE settings we have changed either do nothing or revert back to their default stage (as if we didn't change anything in the first place) Everyone else, including me, can access this page on our own PC's so we've ruled out permissions.

I know it's an odd problem related with XP SP2 and IE 6 but it's known to happen. I'm probably going to have to revert back to IE 5 but I'm just wondering does anyone have any sort of an idea? There's another way but that involves playing with the registry and........I ain't in no mood for overhauling a PC

Advertisement