Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of Sharks and Fire

Options
  • 23-07-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

I had a dream the other night that my house was floating on water and falling apart, and each room was surround by a moat of dark water.
    There was sharks in the water that occasionally attacked and we (although I didn't know the other people in the dream) were trying to seek cover from them.

Then a Fire broke out from above and flames dropped from the ceiling.

I was trying to call for help on my mobile, and there was fire dripping onto my hands, but I didn't feel the pain. However, I was very aware that the only way to put out the flames was to put my hands into the shark invested water.

The only other thing I remember about the dream is that there was a Man and woman, my parents age, and a boy, who was about 10, and I had to really think under pressure to get the boy to safety, cos the parents where completely useless and totally panicked.

I wasn't running around scared in the dream. I was scared, but it seemed like it was up to me to save everyone and scare the Sharks off, so I had to be calm.

Anyhow, I have googled the meaning of sharks in dreams, and the meaning of fire, and none of the interpretations look to positive.
    Its impossible to find an interpretation that incorporates sharks and fire.

Does anyone here have an interpretation of that it could mean??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

I'm not sure but it sounds serious, here's some books that might help:

1- Principles of the dreams, by Daniel the prophet (562-604 B.C) Peace be on him.
    2-Divisions of the dreams, by Imam Sadeq peace be on him ( 663-798 A.C).
    3- Generals of the dreams, by Mohammad ibn Syrin ( 690 A.C).
    4- Guides in the dreams , by Jaber ibn Hay'an( Father of the new chemistry)
    5- Interpretations, by Ibn Ash'as ( 840 A.C).
    6- Complete interpretations, by Habish Teflisi ( 1180 A.C).
    7- Treasures of the dreams( Al Ma'moni) by Abd al Salam ( 963 A.C).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ok, will do, thanks.

Anyone else got any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I have heard that sharks in dreams are a symbol of the ego. Is your ego dangerous to you and others around you? I also goth this off a webpage about dreams: " To see a shark in your dream, represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities. Alternatively, you may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. The shark symbolizes feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others."

Fire is supposedly a symbol of purification and male dominance. Maybe you need to purify your ego, or maybe your ego is dominating others. So, a possible interpretation although I may be very wrong:

You are egoistic, domineering and hostile. These qualities are damaging and scaring you and the others around you. However, you are now beginning to purge yourself of these qualities.

The house in the dream represents yourself. To dream that a house disappeared, indicates that you are not feeling grounded. You feel uprooted by a particular circumstance or relationship in your life

Of course this may be totally wrong so don't take offense!

Advertisement