Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum not really going anywhere...

Options
  • 23-07-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

For a while now I've been thinking that this forum has been very quiet and having returned from my honeymoon yesterday I found that since I went away 3 weeks ago there have been no new posts...apart from the one for the martial arts forum ;). It's bad when we have to resort to stealing threads from other fora to support this one :D

Anyway, this is your forum so please use it to discuss anything bowling related. It would be a pity to lose the bowling forum because I've always believed that this forum has potential and argued hard to have it created when others didn't see the need for such a forum (they may have been right! :().

If we don't see any activity over the next month or so I might just ask the admins to wind up the forum so use it or lose it folks.

If you have any opinions or ideas for the forum then post here or start a new thread. Either way let me know what you think, it's your forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think it was easy to beat Dementor when we played. :P
    And tht bowling is expensive.
    Oh, the bowling episode in the simpsons is good.

Just because it is quiet now, doesn't mean it alway will be, but bowling isn't a big sport or anything here. Really fun though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to agree with Tar, look at the north west forum, it was like a graveyard at one stage, not that much busier now but it has its moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

there is a bowling forum that has all the current irish players posting on it somewhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds like this forum. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

WildFox wrote:
    there is a bowling forum that has all the current irish players posting on it somewhere.

Hmmm, time for some spamming :D I figured as much, to be honest I post on quite a few bowling forums but there nearly all far more technical than this one... I wanted this forum to be for rereational bowlers as well as pro/am bowlers rather than being a pure geek fest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

I dont think many of the irish pros know of this place and if they were here then it would be more technical talk and egos. So I guess its better that they arent here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

As Tar said it'll pick up r3nu4l. Bowling as a paricipant sport seems to be on the up. Give it time. I drop in occasionally, generally after having game for tips etc :)

*adds bowling to subbed list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

It best its like this. Sometime the politics can ruin a good forum if you know what I mean. A politics was an awful thing in its day in the bowling scene. I can tell you I missed opportunities to become a great player and it was all down to not being in "the click" so to speak.

It'll pick up. Give it time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sonnet

WildFox wrote: »
    I dont think many of the irish pros know of this place and if they were here then it would be more technical talk and egos. So I guess its better that they arent here
    Well there is one Irish pro who knows about it - me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

sonnet wrote: »
    Well there is one Irish pro who knows about it - me haha

Do you mind me asking what that pro's name is Sonnet? :D Just curious as I'd know a lot of the people on the Irish bowling scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i can see where this forum is going....

* resists the temptation to post a toilet refferance picture

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

S.I.R wrote: »
    i can see where this forum is going....

* resists the temptation to post a toilet refferance picture
    Hmmm, 3.46 AM. Have you been drinking?? :pac:

Advertisement