Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauces

• 23-07-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has easy recipes for sauces for chicken and fish meals?
    I always get a bit stuck trying to think of sauces other than the gool aul tomato!

Any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I like to make a proper cheese sauce to go with chicken. If you mix flour and butter in a saucepan and then slowly add milk and keept stirring. When it becomes thick add grated cheese.... as much or as little as you like. I like thinks very cheesy but it's up to you. That sauce is nice with chicken and broccoli. Sorry i can't be more specific with quantites but I cook by instinct!

You could also try some oil heated in a pan with soy sauce and honey. This makes a nice oriental sauce that you can use in a stir fry with rice or pour over your chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Bacon & Mushroom for the chicken...

Fry up some hickory bacon.
    Add garlic and mushrooms.
    When the mushrooms are cooked add creme fraiche, parmesan and a squirt of lemon. Pop in some basil just before you serve it.

If you're going low fat - cut the rinds of the bacon & dry fry it.
    And use a mix of half fat free fromage frais & half fat creme fraiche.

What about a hollandaise for the fish?
    Put an egg yolk and a tablespoon of water in a pot. Put over a VERY low heat. Start whisking and add a knob of butter (one at a time) and stir until they melt.
    One tip - always keep the pot cool enough to touch.
    Add lemon to your taste, I like mine quite tart.

Advertisement