Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My First Points :(

Options
  • 23-07-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Yup another one of these threads. So basically the storey was i was cought speeding by the boys in blue an hour ago, speed trap in cavan. Now i hold my hands up, yup i did it and i deserve to get stopped.

Ok just a quick question. Im currently livin in the north and drivin my car which is a northern reg car, but i never changed over my licence from my ROI one after i moved.

Will the points still appy even though im livin in north cos i still have my ROI licence. Not tryin to dodge them, just wanna know so when i renew my insurance, that i wont be declaring points i might not get.

Any info wud be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'd imagine that the points will go on if you gave them your license and it had your address (or any address) on it.

Guess you'll have to wait for a letter about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

well my licence has my ROI address on it which is my dads house, but he took my NI address and said he was sending it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Couldn't you be really cheeky and apply to change your license to a UK one before the points arrive? :D

woulndt i need to notify the DVLA or somethin about points pending if i changed my licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I don't think so. You don't have points until a) you accept the fixed 2 point penalty or b) lose in court. It's still a possible outcome that you could go to court and have the charge struck out. Therefore I don't see how it could be held against you yet.

You should ask someone else who actually knows what he's talking about though.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazylady333

hey hey, it is such a sickening blow. But fraid ur probably stuck with em. As far as i know the only way u could have gotten off it would be if u had a northern liscence. the car being registered up north doesnt really matter, i just know that my cousin got done for it in a similar situation sorry. But u could be really lucky and have them forget bout it. i was done in limerick last chrismas and still havent recieved the points so its like 9 months later, ive probably got away with it..right?? And i was doing fair speed- just after coming off motorway when mr flashy comes after me..not impressed

TychoCaine wrote:
    Couldn't you be really cheeky and apply to change your license to a UK one before the points arrive? :D

Dont think that will work now, cos of this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125136 or is it points received after april will transfer onto UK licence and visa versa?

Advertisement