Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Digital Input on a PC

Options
  • 23-07-2007 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Sony MD deck with a Digital Out and I want to send the Digital Signal into my PC. I thought I had a good sound card (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) but it does not have a Digital In.
    Is there a cheap alternative to getting digital input to my PC?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Not sure if this helps, but here goes anyway... If you are just trying to convert other forms to your PC (MP3 or whatever) then I have just used the line-in jack on my pc connected to the output of tape deck / cd player and even my old deck. On the pc side I used Audacity to directly record, edit, etc. works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stevemcf

No, it needs to be a digital input as maintaining HQ is a priority. If I were to switch to analogue I would loose out a fair bit due to the nature of the original recording.
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There is no cheap alternative I'm afraid. You'll need to buy a soundcard woth a digital input.

Advertisement