Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork

Options
  • 23-07-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Heading to West Cork/Kerry on the bank holiday and was just wondering if anyone local or otherwise with knowledge knows what the best tides are for surfing either of the beachs in Barley Cove and if Rosscarbery Beach is worth a look too?!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

conman78 wrote:
    Heading to West Cork/Kerry on the bank holiday and was just wondering if anyone local or otherwise with knowledge knows what the best tides are for surfing either of the beachs in Barley Cove and if Rosscarbery Beach is worth a look too?!

Cheers

has Rosscarbery a beach? Do you mean Warren strand? don't think there is much surf to be had there. I though Inchadoney / Castlefreake are the only 2 real surf spots in West Cork. Maybe the Corkonians have some secret havens?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

I was in owenahinca(sp?) at the start of the summer and its a lovely spot. Almost worth it just for the drive never mind the surfing :)

The surf wasn't bad either, the day i was there it was very clean and breaking about 5 ft or so( im still new to this so im not the best at describing conditions).

http://www.beachwizard.com/beach.asp?country=Ireland&beachid=1840
    Will help as a guide to whats available.

Advertisement