Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inadequate power supply - tell tale signs?

Options
  • 23-07-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So I bought a 6800 Ultra recently as a cheap upgrade to my aging pc and was wondering what are the tell tale signs that it isn\'t getting enough power?

I was playing CoH (max settings woot:p ) and I saw a slight graphical distortion and the \"driver stopped working but recovered\" as windows told me.

it\'s a 400W ps, 16A on the 12V rail, running 3HDDs a slightly OC\'d 2600 Ath XP and an audigy 2.

EDIT: Update.

Turns out it was just overheating. Took off the face plate of the heat sink and was greeted by a centemetre thick layer of compacted dust blocking the air intake to the heat sink. Cleared it out and everythings gravy.

Advertisement