Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Predictions

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Whenever Neville played he was better than him. Neville played 24. Finnan played 32. If I had to pick a team of the season, I'd pick Finnan, simply because he played more. I wouldn't say he was better than Neville last season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

someday you'll get sense :)

better leave this conversation lie. Just remembered where we are, Arsenal Predictions, woops

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ah, it's been a while since we've had United-supporting numpties trolling in here.

Frankly I'm not surprised that United fans instantly dismiss any comparison between Clichy and Evra, as these are the fans who rated Heinze as the best LB in the world, before he got replaced by a 25 year old from the French league who has barely even been capped by his country, and they're the same fans who lauded John O'Shea as a future great... great track-record with left-backs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Clichy can cross so instantly better than both heinze and Evra.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I watched the Emirates Cup game on SkySports between Arsenal & PSG. I know it was only a preseason warm up, but I feel more hopeful about next season. I can see Bendtner and van Persie as being a useful duo up front. I know Bendtner missed a few chances (including a penalty) but he looks like someone that can get us goals, more so than Adebayor.

Hey, John O'Shea is gona surprise you. He gets better every year, I expect a plus 80% shot conversation ratio next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

Van persie showed even greater signs today of being the next Bergkamp. What a goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah it was a cracker alright, and with his right foot too. Anyone got any links to it? I just saw it on the tv and wanna watch it again.:D
    On another note, Hleb played excellently today in the hole as he did yesterday, think we may see better things from him this year if he changes position to the centre or left.

That's final, he's going in my FF team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Van Persie's goal was class.

• Advertisement

Here are highlights of the match including Van Persies goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

eirebhoy wrote:
    Van Persie's goal was class.

Just saw it on SkySports. Beautiful goal!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Watching the post match interview with van Persie is interesting. I wonder if Henry leaving could really unshackle Robin and some of the other younger players who might have felt suffocated by Henry's presence at the club. Hleb in particular has often looked that way, but he looked like a completely different player today. Not only was he superb, but he was finally acting like one of the senior players - telling players off, directing people and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

What a goal.... I had to watch it several times to figure out just want he did to get into a shooting position, I pity the poor defenders.

I've said all along that the greatest addition to Arsenal this season is a fully fit Van Persie.

Hleb's goal was impressive in that he didn't give it up, he actually made it about 5 yards to the rebound from his own shot.

I'd write off Arsenal at your peril this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That Van Persie goal was very very Bergkamp looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

What is Gallas doing as captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

well i guess i was well wrong with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol @ PHB saying Clichy wasn't top quality....

Hmm this is an interesting thread. Seems most people got it wrong in fairness, whether it be one extreme of complete failure to the other.

PHB wrote: »
    Well, I think the problem was in the full back areas. If Sagna works out,

Sagna-Gallas-Toure-Clichy is pretty darn impressive. Clichy is clearly the weak link, but it's a fantastic central defence

Thought this quote from PHB was funny considering how its turned out to be quite the opposite with the full backs being the strongest part of the defence by far recently and Clichy being outstanding for the majority of the season.

• Advertisement

lol @ PHB saying Clichy wasn't top quality....

ah beat me to it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Van Persie IF he stays fit will defo get 15+ goals next season

Damnit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Premiership - 3rd (behind Man U and Chelski in that order)
    Looking good.
    Champions League - Quarter final, beaten by eventual cup winners
    Also, looking good.
    Carling Cup - Youth team to reach the semis
    Yep. :)
    FA Cup - Final, possibly win it
    Oh well, 3 out of four aint bad. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

Damnit.

just reading that about vanp myself, so much hype at the start of the season eh

While I may have been wrong to say Clichy was just good, which I acknowledge, I was pretty much right about everything else, so nah :)

Also, I find it funny you point that out, considering pretty much every single Liverpool fan predicted that Arsenal would come 4th :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

thebaz wrote: »
    My prediction is that arsenal will flop this year ...
    with lyunberg joining henry , through the revolving door, nearly every team in the premiership is stronger , bar arsenal .. and with the boardroom crisis alive and kicking , today directors saying theres no problem and all is ok , while the experienced lyunberg leaves .... with the likelihood becoming less and less of a return of dein, i predict wegner to leave before the year is out and arsenal to muck about with ourselves (everton) , boro and villa in mid table.

lol, yeah ljungberg was a big loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Also, I find it funny you point that out, considering pretty much every single Liverpool fan predicted that Arsenal would come 4th :P

well now. in fairness the Liverpool fans had much more reason than you did for believing that. Clichy in fairness looked like he's going to turn into a quality player eventually for the past few seasons.

Advertisement