Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine-flashing Leds What's Happening?

Options
  • 23-07-2007 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a hotpoint WD440 Washer Drier.I have a lodger and she informed metoday that there was something wrong with the washing machine for the last two days.

Anyway she switched it on and the bank of LED's(all of them) were constantly flashing.

I'm not in the house a lot lately due to work and when I asked her what happened she said basically she just switched it on and it happened:rolleyes:and that it was like this for two days.

Anyhow I was checking the manual for troubleshooting tips and I could hear her pressing buttons when I checked to see what she was doing I could see that some of the LEDS stopped flashing.

Current situation is that the Power (On/Off) Led is flasing constantly.Plus two othe LEDs (one beide the rinse button and one beside the timesaver button) are constantly flashing.

Its obvious she tried to use the machine and when it didn't start properly she started pressing buttons willy nilly amd the electronics are hung like a donkeys bollox.

I've tried unplugging the machine for about 20 minutes and restarting to no avail.

Anyone any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ring Hotpoint in the morning. They come with 5 year parts cover, and that machine is not 5 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Ring Hotpoint in the morning. They come with 5 year parts cover, and that machine is not 5 years old.

Yeah that's the plan but I thought I'd try the boards to see if there was a handy fix.Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried pressing and holding the Start/Cancel button?

To cancel a programmed wash, you hold the Start/cancel button for 2-3 seconds, and then select the Pump Out option on the dial (this option might only be needed if there's any water in the drum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

byte wrote:
    Have you tried pressing and holding the Start/Cancel button?

To cancel a programmed wash, you hold the Start/cancel button for 2-3 seconds, and then select the Pump Out option on the dial (this option might only be needed if there's any water in the drum)

Yes I did both these things but no joy.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm.

Well, the only other advice apart from getting the Indesit man out, maybe post your query on www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk or see if there is a similar query there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement