Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Home Made Fries

• 23-07-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Im making my on home fries (chips) and want to make a lot of them in one go. I was just wondering on the best way to store them. Freezer/Fridge.etc. These will be cooked in the oven. Im thinking of just getting the amount I'll be cooking at a time and put them in a sandwich/freezer bag and throw them in the freezer.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

How long do you plan on keeping them for? They'll be ok submerged in water for a few days in your fridge. I don't know how well they'd freeze but, is it really worth your while freezing them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The classic bowl of water will do you grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd imagine that with the high water content of potato that when the defrosted the chips would turn to mush. Give it a try & let us know what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You will have to partially cook them before you freeze them or they will indeed turn to mush.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sounds like a lot of hassle tbh. I'd chip them as I go :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement