Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom stats - overlapping?

Options
  • 23-07-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I just checked my log and in June I had one log entry with d/l and u/l from Jun 9 to Jun 30, and then for the July log I had one log entry from Jun 18 to Jul 5, ie overlapping from the last month... Does this mean that some of the data downloaded during that last session has been counted twice, ie also included in the log which ended Jun 30?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

flodis79 wrote:
    I just checked my log and in June I had one log entry with d/l and u/l from Jun 9 to Jun 30, and then for the July log I had one log entry from Jun 18 to Jul 5, ie overlapping from the last month... Does this mean that some of the data downloaded during that last session has been counted twice, ie also included in the log which ended Jun 30?

Surely the best people to put that question to are Eircom themselves? How can anyone on boards answer your question except by speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Here we go again, this reply "why don't you ask them directly". Of course I know that the best way to get reply here is Eircom, and no doubt will I ask them as well, but I want to ask here in the forum, and what I wanted to know is whether anyone has had any similar experiences as me, and got any reply from Eircom about this. It's not that I am lazy to lift the phone and call Eircom, but sometimes it's, maybe not better, but equally interesting, to get information from "broadband peers" here on the forum. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

flodis79 wrote:
    Here we go again, this reply "why don't you ask them directly". Of course I know that the best way to get reply here is Eircom, and no doubt will I ask them as well, but I want to ask here in the forum, and what I wanted to know is whether anyone has had any similar experiences as me, and got any reply from Eircom about this. It's not that I am lazy to lift the phone and call Eircom, but sometimes it's, maybe not better, but equally interesting, to get information from "broadband peers" here on the forum. :)

So really what you want is random speculation rather than an answer to your query?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

As already mentioned by the wise Mr. Dub45 this is something that you really need to find out from the horses mouth, give them a ring. Its also not not very nice to jump down someones neck for not getting the answer you wanted.

Advertisement