Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for someone on Vodafone with N95

• 23-07-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

I have this SIM free N95 and want to use on Vodafone. When using an app like Opera Mini, it's a pain having to select the access point each time.

In settings > Connection > Access Points, I have Bodafone ISP, Vodafone Live, Vodafone Live Streaming and Vodafone MMS access points.

But I have nothing for packet data connection.

Can anyone with a N95 supplied by Vodafone backup just the settings to a file with PC Suite, zip it and post here and I'll see if it improves

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

nazoil wrote:
    I have N95 on Vodafone and the access points listed are exactly the same as yours plus my home wifi network ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Are there any entries under

Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > Configurations
    or
    Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > Packet Data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

nazoil wrote:
    I have (V)odafone ISP, Vodafone Live, Vodafone Live Streaming and Vodafone MMS access points.

Isn't the Vodafone ISP a 3G or 3.5G (HSDPA) packet service?
    It's pretty fast on my N95 in Dublin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Mec-a-nic wrote:
    Isn't the Vodafone ISP a 3G or 3.5G (HSDPA) packet service?
    Actually I remember now .. to use HSDPA you may need to change a setting depending on when you got the phone ...
    In the main menu, go into Tools/Settings/Connection/Access points ...
    Select Vodafone ISP and if nessesary change the access point name from isp.vodafone.ie to hs.vodafone.ie

That should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

heya, when i do this it connects via 3.5g but it takes ages, loads up no kilobytes, lasts for about 2 minutes then i just cancel it cuz i'm not waiting that long for a HSDPA connection!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement