Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how much did you win on the Open?

Options
  • 23-07-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Personally nothing :( . I should have god damm it, because I put money on him before :mad:

However, one guy at work won €4,700, one bet - €100 @ 33/1 and a second - €50 @ 25/1.

Apparently the bookies got cleaned. So how did you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

stepbar wrote:
    Personally nothing :( . I should have god damm it, because I put money on him before :mad:

However, one guy at work won €4,700, one bet - €100 @ 33/1 and a second - €50 @ 25/1.

Apparently the bookies got cleaned. So how did you do?

Minus a tenner for me, just did a fiver each way on Justin Rose. Think it was the first Major in a while I haven't backed Pádraig, still delighted to see him win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

Only managed to loose 10 euro,........ could have been soo much worse.

a terrible last 9 for the arber,..... possibly fantastic last 9 for the outright gambler !!

i cut my losses twice,..... did all my backing at the extremely wrong time and slowly clawed my way back, ..... so often a favourable over-round going unnoticed whilst the other players are still in the market @ 1000/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

A storming €100 profit for me.

Back Rose at 50/1 weeks ago. Started badly and never really recovered.

Made a bit on the "No hole in one odds". Got it a 1.50 before hand. Second major in a row. I'll keep backing it until it loses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

First ever golf bet, 10 euro on padraig at 25-1 with PP.
    Hear good things on today fm and threw it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Layed garcia @ 1.18 when harrington went into the water 2nd time on 18

backed him when it got to the play off stage. €120 profit on the open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Apparently the bookies got cleaned.

They may have paid out a lot money on Harrington but the press reports don't take into account all the other losing bets that they won on,
    and the bets on Harrington that they laid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

okidoki987 wrote:
    They may have paid out a lot money on Harrington but the press reports don't take into account all the other losing bets that they won on,
    and the bets on Harrington that they laid off.
    And any major tiger doesn't win is bound to be profitable for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dodge wrote:
    And any major tiger doesn't win is bound to be profitable for them...

Aye, was thinking that myself. Wouldn't feel to sorry for Messers Power and Boyle. While they probably didn't clean up, they didn't lose either. Would imagine they laid more than one or two hefty bets on Woods. Golf is really like the Grand National, such a huge field, plenty of chances and people with their own fancies...bookies can't really lose.

Advertisement