Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vocks pops

Options
  • 23-07-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Did this ever happen to you. Was at a party with my mates there two weeks ago and some chick with a camera took our picture and starting asking me ****e about enya. Next thig we knew the following week its as in the galway independent under some sort of vocks pops thing. Is this legal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i hope you said that she was crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The papers can take pics of anyone/anything they like.
    If you have issue, go in to the editor and state your case.
    There is a Legal Discussion forum if you want the ins and outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ray900

It's bad form to publish pictures of vox-pop-victims without their permission. I've vox popped people a few times before, but was always told to make sure that they don't have any objections to getting their mug in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jarlathtierney

My mate is really peed off about it. he got on to the paper about it but i think they change staff every few weeks there. they have had about 15 editors already and every week theryve an add in for staff. two more joined last week. about five or six have left already sicne christmas i think, maybe they should do a vocks pop on that. why do you think people are leaving the galway indopendent. mustnt' be a happy camp. so the chances are the bird who wrote it has left already as it was a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

don't worry too much about this, everyone will forget it soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Were ye looking a bit gimpy-eyed in the photo or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yeh whats the problem :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jarlathtierney

It's just not on tho. we complained again and some other one answered and she said she wasn't the editor but quote 'would be some day soon.' they should have said they were working for the paper right and there and then. It's just not right. I could have fkn said anything at that party.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Ok I hate to be the nub here, but what is vocks pops?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bit of an opinion/soapbox to fill a few column inches in the Galway Independent.

jarlath, she was unprofessional, possibly on the beer as much as ye, may have had a hard night trying to get coherency out of drunks, or was just trying to fill her quota to get back in front on the couch in front of her 'stories'.

If they'd printed your name or your friend's name as the culprits of the bovine gang rapes that have been going on lately, that would be a far more serious matter.

Have ye gotten shtick from folk over this, or does your friend value his/her principles over common sense?

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, the GI ciculation figures are pretty low afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I used to enjoy reading it until they stopped the Galway Worst sarcastic section :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was gonna read it once but it reminds me too much of GIndo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

DRakE wrote:
    I used to enjoy reading it until they stopped the Galway Worst sarcastic section :(

It was in it this week - about the only part of the paper worth reading...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tommydee

that galway worst was in galway first not the indo is the one with nothing funny in it apart from the jobs ads for themselves. and agwlay worst is still in the galway first. i think gawlay worst is a piss pull on the indo anyway as they ahve this best regional paper thingy printed ion the top every week like the indo do on their front.

Advertisement